Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 22-Apr-2005, 12:37
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Castlecoombe

As many of us are at Castlecoombe for a trackday very soon..has the DSC race commitee given any thought to approaching the track officials with regard to the MOT non race bike issue...i doubt many of our bikes will exceed the noise regs but none will be up to MOT standards.........??

If we cant take the DD bikes then we will have to take road machines and possilby noise will be an issue.

I dont want to create work for the DD comitee but feel if we approach this from a club level it will carry more weight than each of us pleading our case individually.?

Phil

[Edited on 22-4-2005 by fil2]
Old 22-Apr-2005, 12:57
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Taking your road bikes will not pose any noise issues for the circuit, you simply will not get out on track and I'm certain my 600SS will not pass a noise test there on a trackday in its current trim with its Micron can, it might if I fit the standard can, I say might as the standard can is now 9 years old so may be a bit louder than it should be.
Old 22-Apr-2005, 13:02
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
we have a pair of std cans for M600 & also my unused m1000 std cans, should anyone want to borrow them for that trackday

C
Old 22-Apr-2005, 13:05
Ducati Corse

its not the noise im concerned about, its the issue over " bike must be up to MOT standard "..

so Kev u r taking you race bike but with road can....?

Phil

[Edited on 22-4-2005 by fil2]
Old 22-Apr-2005, 13:16
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
No Phil I'm not prascticing at any circuit beforehand, it's not in the budget I would rather be able to do the DSC trackdays and Brands GP etc and the funds are struggling to cope with those on top of the DSC racing without getting through tyres, petrol, diesel and trackday entries.
Luckily I got to do Llandow to test the bike but that was a group of mates getting together and was planned before I entered DD and cost me £110 all in including the campsite the day before.
If I find some spare money before raceday then I would use it for entering another class on the day, either 600 supersport or SoT on the 916
Old 22-Apr-2005, 13:29
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
No Phil I'm not prascticing at any circuit beforehand, it's not in the budget I would rather be able to do the DSC trackdays and Brands GP etc and the funds are struggling to cope with those on top of the DSC racing without getting through tyres, petrol, diesel and trackday entries.
Luckily I got to do Llandow to test the bike but that was a group of mates getting together and was planned before I entered DD and cost me £110 all in including the campsite the day before.
If I find some spare money before raceday then I would use it for entering another class on the day, either 600 supersport or SoT on the 916

I have never been at Castle Coombe, thats the only reason i am going...i know exactly what you are saying with regard to budget Kev, but feel its imperitive i do castle coombe before i actually race there lol........

Phil