Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 24-Apr-2005, 22:41
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
My goal for the day was to stay rubber-side down and to get to know the sections that form the woodlands. And I did that but still need to work on a few things - found myself not thinking about what I wanted to do when I was out there and having fun in Coppice, Charlies, Park, Chris Curve, the Gooseneck, Mansf .... basically all the cool stuff that we aren't doing!

I was thinking too much about the other riders out there, looking for Ali and Dickie for example. Had a good session following Ali around and learning the track.

The old hairpin was reasonably slippery so I need to find a good way through there with a tight line, and Barn, which I always felt I could go quicker through ...
Old 24-Apr-2005, 22:45
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Coppice is great fun isn't it? And with the lack of weight on these little bikes you can leave the braking really late into mansfield, which is where I caught up a bag full of time on the big bikes last month.

Anyway, down to the important stuff... get any lap times?
Old 24-Apr-2005, 22:52
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996
Coppice is great fun isn't it? And with the lack of weight on these little bikes you can leave the braking really late into mansfield, which is where I caught up a bag full of time on the big bikes last month.

Anyway, down to the important stuff... get any lap times?

No lap times for me mate, I still haven't bought a laptimer yet.

I did notice that at Mansfield though, in the morning I wasn't overtaking people there because it's a track day etc ... but by the afternoon I was quicker through there and I just decided to do it instead of being held up for another lap.

Weeksy, I've got a few idea's about Barn so, work permitting, I'll go and do the ACU afternoon on Friday and see how I get on.
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:01
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by TP

The old hairpin was reasonably slippery so I need to find a good way through there with a tight line, and Barn, which I always felt I could go quicker through ...

Isn't that odd - the only slip of the day at Cadwell for me was Barn - but the hairpin was fine.
Is it rider style - set up - speed ?
I have to say I was dreading Cadwell - hearing so many stories and such like - but I found i quite enjoyed it. I'm not the quickest out there but I did enjoy the circuit and quite enjoyed not letting anyone get past me till half way down the start finish straight. Coppice I enjoyed, Gooseneck I liked and Mansfield too.
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:05
MotoGP God

Were you there on Sat?
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:09
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Were you there on Sat?

No - couple of weeks ago now.
I was only 600 Ducati there - tis quite nice shooting up the inside of R1's into the mountain ain't it ?
I love my wide bars
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:17
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix n max
No - couple of weeks ago now.
I was only 600 Ducati there - tis quite nice shooting up the inside of R1's into the mountain ain't it ?
I love my wide bars

Oh right - there was a few of us there on the weekend

I didn't overtake anyone going over the mountain but I was having a lot of fun! I've got renthal bars on mine as well, so I can wrestle it around nicely.
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:25
Big Twin
Bikes: Kawasaki ZX10r D6f, Dawes XC2.4, Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon

Mood: aving a laff
I was trying to time about six bikes in the Inters in the afternoon so did not get much of a chance to time ALi or TP or DickieD but I reckon they were in the mid to high 1min 50's.
Did notice you were on the mark from the off and not a real gradual easing in to the sessions though. looked constant once the way was clear for you.
Ali and TP were pretty even after the first couple of laps per session with a constant gap between em but Ali was stretching it a bit lap by lap.
The guy on the Ducati London South bike? with the orange instructor bib on did pretty much every session, novice inter and fast, I saw in the PM so he was getting tired or trying to master certain bits per lap as he was gradually dropped by Ali and TP in most PM sessions after he had been romping away at the front of the first session after lunch or was he sand bagging?

Dave Harris looked comfortably quick on a bike he has not yet got set up properly so one to watch when it is me thinks?

Hope the bikes were OK at the end of the day for you all and good luck in the first race, see you all there!

Oh yeah, big hint to TP, WTF is the tea tray about????
You could gain 5 mph down the straight if you got shut of the wind break:P
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:32
Mille

I CLOCKED ONE OF THE DLS GUYS AT 1.53,I THINK HE WAS THE FASTEST DD RIDER ON SATURDAY
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:38
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by boggy 8
I CLOCKED ONE OF THE DLS GUYS AT 1.53,I THINK HE WAS THE FASTEST DD RIDER ON SATURDAY

Bugger must do better!