Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 07-Jun-2005, 22:48
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
V.M I dont believe it

Why is it when you really look forward to doing something (castle coombe) it never goes to plan.
Sadly it started going down hill on Thursday when my Mother fell walking to the shops and fractured her nose a trip to the hospital lots of bruising but no broken bones.
Friday night the washing machine does an impression of a sprinkler system and floods the kitchen,so saturday was spent washing machine hunting and fitting.
Sunday we went upto the unit to carry on working on our VW camper about 3 my mother in law phones my wife and says shes down the hospital with my father in law so back to the hos again at this rate im getting my own space.
It turns out he cut a major artery in his wrist with a stanley knife(no my mother in law isnt that bad)
He races large model sailing yahts and was trimming a sail and slipped,and didnt take much notice as it didnt hurt much till his jumper and hand was dripping, he the asked my mother IL for a plaster,it gets worse she goes and gets the next door nieghbour (she cant drive) and gets locked out my fatherIL is deaf and doesnt hear the door bell.
they had to go round the back hes taken down the AE and faints just inside the doors.
the Surgeon tells us he was on the limit of blood loss and another 5 minutes and it would have been too late.
Hes home now and banned from modeling well anything with a knife.
Oh and today the starter motor went on the Pug.
At least I can have a lighter moment on this site.
So to all those I missed seeing race on sat I hope you all had a great time and Im trying not to look forward to Brands.
ian

[Edited on 22-6-2005 by 888heaven]
Old 07-Jun-2005, 22:54
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Some people get all the luck

...shame it was all bad

Chin up fella, you didn't miss anything - I was pants :P

Hope the father in-law is OK and you get some good luck soon
Old 07-Jun-2005, 22:58
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Darn it Ian!

Sorry to hear things have been a bit awry of late, let me know if you need any help with anything mate
Old 07-Jun-2005, 23:04
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
It may sound selfish but I really wanted to give my New Boxer Cup a good run pick up some pipes from Natty and watch some decent racing having never been to castle coombe before.
Father IL and Mum are fine now thanks but you wouldnt believe the mess a cut arttery makes.
ian

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit