Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 12-Jun-2006, 23:13
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
Errrrr....I can't get my knee down at all.

On Saturday in the lakes there was a left hander that went around about 100 degrees. It was a fairly constant radius about the same as a large-ish roundabout right at the bottom of a valley. The road swooped down to the corner and back up the next hill on the exit. I arrived at the turn in point quite hot and had no option but to hang off the bike as far as I ever have done and I think that I must have leaned the bike to a greater angle than I ever have before on road or track - it felt like I was almost horizontal, hanging right off the bike and my knee still didn't touch down.

Jools your knee could of been just millimetres of the ground. Some peeps twist their hips so that the knee swings in towards the bike. If you slide you bum back all the way keeping your hips inline with the bars and your upper torso parallel with the bike, it will happen sooner than you think.
Old 13-Jun-2006, 08:43
500SD

Mood: Missing my Flash...
I must twist my hips then, cos I've still yet to touch down. And I've got no chicken strips at all!! Toes went down on some French roads last year, but no knee.

I've had to make do with rubbing up against a wall for now ;-)

Ade.
Old 13-Jun-2006, 09:19
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by ath748
I must twist my hips then, cos I've still yet to touch down. And I've got no chicken strips at all!! Toes went down on some French roads last year, but no knee.

I've had to make do with rubbing up against a wall for now ;-)

Ade.

same for me then. got no chicken strips on the right, and I do feel my right side of my body move forward as I lean. Will try the tip

I have been doing some wall rubbing too recently but thats for a completely different reason :-)

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit