Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-May-2006, 16:18
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by lizzie
You are missing the point, Phil. What you do on track starts with practising what you've been taught in the classroom. Following someone round isn't going to help without having been taught something before you get out there.

im not missing any point.... im more than happy to listen to TP on the drill required then go out and put it into practise under his supervsion...i think TP would be an excellent coach he is able to explain and get his point across...its not TP im questioning its wether the CSS will make me faster ..cos thats what i want to be..

Old 24-May-2006, 16:47
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
Never done any track tuition let alone a CSS course but I can see distinct advantages to those that can learn to analyse their riding technique and timing.
How can you consistently brake later into a corner, turn in faster and get the power on earlier if you don't know where or when you were doing those things to start with? Granted there are other options out there but CSS (Andy Ibbott specifically) is extremely good at getting the message across to the point where you can improve yourself. .

i used Braking markers both before and after the course.

I don't mean to sound patronising Steve but good for you, I think you're very lucky to have either a built in skill that enables you to pick out those points or you've been lucky enough to have someone show you, but without "someone" to show me how to work these things out I'm just gonna have to continue "guessing", I'm no racing god like young Fil but I manage to hold my own (most of the time!) and I am concentrating so much on where everyone else is and whether I'm closing on them or dropping back that I don't "think" about what I'm doing, when or where I'm doing it on track. I need someone to show me these things so I, personally, feel that I'd gain tremendously from doing a CSS (or any type of race) school.
Dominic's question was what did we all feel we'd get/got out of CSS. I would learn a hell of a lot and it would only be the beginning....
Old 24-May-2006, 16:51
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
Quote:
You are missing the point, Phil. What you do on track starts with practising what you've been taught in the classroom. Following someone round isn't going to help without having been taught something before you get out there.

im not missing any point.... im more than happy to listen to TP on the drill required then go out and put it into practise under his supervsion...i think TP would be an excellent coach he is able to explain and get his point across...its not TP im questioning its wether the CSS will make me faster ..cos thats what i want to be..

I consider you a mate, so please don't take this the wrong way ...

Phil, you and I have had conversations in the past about the school and the theory. Based on those chats I would say that you have a firm belief that the school is an expensive waste of time and couldn't teach you anything. You've been extremely sceptical. You of all people, drawing from your martial arts experience, know that a student with a closed mind or preconceived notions is not going to learn as much as the 'sponge', or even learn anything at all! I haven't had a chat to you about it for a while so I don't know if you're view has changed or not.

The CSS can help you, it's just a matter of if you'll let it

If you're absolutely genuine, I'm more than happy to help.
Old 24-May-2006, 17:00
Mille

Mood: don't do moody
Distinct whiff of heavy negativity entwined in this lot. So, something positive...

Did Levels 1 & 2 a few years ago at Brands and for me, it was one of the most enlightening thing I've ever done on a bike. Andy Ibbot's communication skills are exceptional and I concluded that there was something positive in there for everybody, from successful racer down to novice road rider.

The only requirement....an open mind and an acceptance that there is always more to learn, otherwise a waste of time and an even bigger waste of money.
Old 24-May-2006, 17:01
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Quote:

I consider you a mate, so please don't take this the wrong way ...

Phil, you and I have had conversations in the past about the school and the theory. Based on those chats I would say that you have a firm belief that the school is an expensive waste of time and couldn't teach you anything. You've been extremely sceptical. You of all people, drawing from your martial arts experience, know that a student with a closed mind or preconceived notions is not going to learn as much as the 'sponge', or even learn anything at all! I haven't had a chat to you about it for a while so I don't know if you're view has changed or not.

The CSS can help you, it's just a matter of if you'll let it

If you're absolutely genuine, I'm more than happy to help.

yes i am genuine TP.............i have said that..................

Old 24-May-2006, 17:01
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Never done any track tuition let alone a CSS course but I can see distinct advantages to those that can learn to analyse their riding technique and timing.
How can you consistently brake later into a corner, turn in faster and get the power on earlier if you don't know where or when you were doing those things to start with? Granted there are other options out there but CSS (Andy Ibbott specifically) is extremely good at getting the message across to the point where you can improve yourself. .

I don't mean to sound patronising Steve but good for you, I think you're very lucky to have either a built in skill that enables you to pick out those points or you've been lucky enough to have someone show you, but without "someone" to show me how to work these things out I'm just gonna have to continue "guessing", I'm no racing god like young Fil but I manage to hold my own (most of the time!) and I am concentrating so much on where everyone else is and whether I'm closing on them or dropping back that I don't "think" about what I'm doing, when or where I'm doing it on track. I need someone to show me these things so I, personally, feel that I'd gain tremendously from doing a CSS (or any type of race) school.
Dominic's question was what did we all feel we'd get/got out of CSS. I would learn a hell of a lot and it would only be the beginning....

Paul quit it m8......im no riding god or young.............
Old 24-May-2006, 17:09
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:

Ok, see you at Cadwell
Old 24-May-2006, 17:14
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:

Ok, see you at Cadwell

i will be on the 620 TP...to try and get to grips with it.......

thanks M8

Phil
Old 24-May-2006, 22:27
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Well, all this has been very amusing (as usual :P ) but it doenst help those like dominic or me who have been thinking about css.
The facts and the twist books are incontravertable (sorry, just trying to wind domski up) - code's approach is very good.
I'm going through the books (slowly - cos i'm an old git) and there are just sooooooooo many things that are put sooooooooo well, that it is simply a fantastic experience thinking about how to change the habits you pick up without knowing it.
But I want to ride these modern things faster, and I know I need help (no, not psychiatric - that all failed)

Personally, I want a deal to do more than the start-at-the-beginning schedule they advertise. I would happily pay more if I knew I was going to get better value, but 350/day probably means that I will have to pay 1050 before I get the meat of what I want.

(Is that more where you were going dominic ???)

[repeat previous rant]
And remember that I dont want to learn how to race (fil2 you're already good enough to race in any series you want !) _I_ 'just' want to go faster !
All you idiots who started dd-racing to learn how to race are already faster than me anyway !
[/repeat previous rant]

ps
I've just entered 12 races in one (vintage) race weekend
Old 24-May-2006, 23:45
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Paul - not sure you would. Like me, you are not the most mobile and leaping around on the bike seems a pre-requisite!

I think I would learn as much from someone like Kev as a proper school...the rest I can learn from a book.