Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Prev   Next
Old 25-Mar-2009, 10:38
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Entrapment or necessity of the nanny state?

Out on the ‘onda Sunday morning in an unfamiliar area when it suddenly dawned on me I wasn’t sure what the speed limit was.
Dimwit you may say, but, in the course of a few miles I’d gone from a 70mph motorway, through some road works posted at 30, a 60 mph national speed limit, a posted 40 mph limit in a more built up area, a 30 mph limit near a junction, etc

That got me thinking. We seemed to have gone from having a well defined speed limit structure of 30 mph in town and national speed limit elsewhere (for bikes 50 for singletrack, 60 for two way, and 70 for Dual carriageway + motorway) to a maze of 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s with no intuitive connection between the type of road and the speed limit set by well known national speed limits.

A national scheme of entrapment?? Festoon the roads with a wide range of various non intuitive posted limits and just wait for the cash to roll in ??

Ray

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit