Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 13-Apr-2006, 19:29
Mille

Mood: looking to move in a new direction...
Clip-on angles

Hi all,

I want to raise the angle of the clip-ons on my ss as my forearms and rists ache and get pins and needles while im out riding - i know some of this is due to vibration through the bars but the angle of the bars brings my hands and arms out of line so raising the angle slightly would (i hope) line everything up and keep the blood flowing!

Has anybody else done this? and should i look out for any problems?

Thanks in advance

Ant
Old 13-Apr-2006, 21:32
Mille

dont know if its any help but i swapped mine over and turned em upside down ! my bikes a 999s , but i,ve done this same thing on an mv , all it does is flatten the angle out , transforms the riding pleasure 110% i think !!!i do it mainly cos i,ve got a mashed right wrist and movement is "limited" my!! i,ve got some piks somewhere if you want me to post em up !! (not my wrist)

ace
Old 14-Apr-2006, 09:02
Mille

Mood: I've bought a 900SL!
turned the bars upside down on my SS1000 but ended up putting them back to stock as it caused my knuckles to foul the mirrors on full lock and it seemed to upset midcorner balance, making it difficult to hold a line/lean angle. Suspect that aftermarket bars (harris?) may have less angle and therefore could help , cyclecat do adjustable bars but they're not cheap and offer limited adjustment range (on the SS) that requires u to tweak the mirror fairing stays. I was going to look at using harris clipons , but probably looking to move to a 999 instead so leaving mine stock.
Old 14-Apr-2006, 09:29
Mille

Mood: looking to move in a new direction...
hmmm...not sure i want to turn the bars upside down (too lazy!) the bars only want turning back a few degrees and its there. Foam grips might be an option though to smooth vibrations. I'll experiment and see if it affects the handling

Thanks!

Ant