Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 28-Sep-2005, 01:19
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Ground anchor bolted in to a corner of the garage to a solid concrete floor with security bolts, the heads snap off when tightened.

A very simple yet effective security measure ..... Wireless baby monitor. If any one tries to break in to the garage, past the numerous locks, locks on the bike, alarms etc they will make more than enough noise to set off the baby monitor that is sat next to my side of the bed

Just one word of warning, don't sit in the garage discussing "Private" things with mates when the wife is in the bedroom next to the baby monitor

[Edited on 28-9-2005 by Carbon749]
Old 28-Sep-2005, 07:51
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Mine's bolted into the floor between where the two bikes are parked, then chained through the anchor and wound around both bikes taking out any slack. Works for me.
Old 28-Sep-2005, 09:11
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

what do you guys do when you ride. Carry all those locks with you? Post a gaurd? Bring the bike into the pub with you. Jeez, I would think parking one in a Bradley AFV would solve the problem. Then you can hit the suckers with a TOW or chain gun as they run off empty handed.
Would you get prosecuted if you electrocuted them in the act of knicking your baby?
I guess, the best thing to do in the UK is paint the thing a nauseous pink or putrid green and hope that scares off the thieves.
Old 28-Sep-2005, 10:01
Mille

Mood: .
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
http://www.rhinodevelopments.co.uk/

Defiant Ground Anchor - £120 fully fitted for you ......

Cracking bit of kit, myself and most of my mates have them .........

I second that motion. Only 75bucks if you fit it yourself. It's a piece of cake so long as your hammer drill does not give up the ghost halfway through the first hole....
Old 28-Sep-2005, 14:34
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
At work mine is visible to all in office i just take the small chain as sometimes we are all not there. I never really leave it anywhere else for long so when at home needs to be most secure
Old 28-Sep-2005, 15:26
Big Twin

Mood: Not so broke any more !!!!!!!!
Any lock is btter than no lock , so if you can only fit it to the wall do it , dont forget to lock any tools in the garage up , its no good having locks if the tools to break em are lying in the garage ,plus dont leave yer leathers/helmet there either , if next door see's some one in you leathers or helmet riding out of you garage on your bike you cant blame em for not thinking its a thief
Old 28-Sep-2005, 20:50
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Thanks guys, some excellent ideas have been put forward.

I just wish I could find some way of threading my chain through the 999's frame. I'll figure it out....
Old 28-Sep-2005, 21:16
Big Twin

Mood: happy bike passed MOT
Hmm i'd love a ground anchor especially as someone walked off with my lock and chain yesterday

My garage floor is tarmac covered with a fine gravel so i don't think a ground anchor could be fitted

Heres a pic must get the leak in the roof fixed soon
Old 28-Sep-2005, 21:46
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel C
Hmm i'd love a ground anchor especially as someone walked off with my lock and chain yesterday

My garage floor is tarmac covered with a fine gravel so i don't think a ground anchor could be fitted

Simple, weld a ground anchor to the metal shed next to the Kwak
Old 29-Sep-2005, 00:42
500SD

Mood: YELLOW!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel C

chop/dig a hole in the floor and fill it with a few bucketloads of concrete. before it sets, stick your ground anchor in there and hey presto. wickes do a readymix for setting fence posts - i've heard that's pretty good stuff for the job