Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 04-Apr-2005, 17:14
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
its a little over four weeks to go.......

Then i start thinking of the start...the engines revving the red light...THE first corner.....

maaaaan..its not long now...im not scared im apprehensive..

any1 else sobering up to the thought that this is getting very real now..??

Phil

Me too, and I'm only spectating
Old 04-Apr-2005, 17:21
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by ali
Cadwell woodland is just going to be a point and squirt session with the silverware going to those with biggest cajones and elbows!

Cheers,

Ali

And I suppose if you have really big cajones they'd be wide enough to stop anybody else getting past on Cadwell's narrow little woodland bit

I've only done Cadwell once but if I was racing on the Woodland circuit I reckon that lots of bravery going into Barn and carrying loads of corner speed round it would be a good plan, try and get good drive out and slinghot past somebody onto the start/finish straight; then try and make it stick on the brakes up to the chicane.

Trying to get better speed through the right hander at the bottom of the mountain and then trying to carry it across the mountain and down the next straight would be a plan as well, especially if you could rob someones line going into Hall Bends.

If you're really brave, try doing somebody on the brakes into the hairpin (the one after Hall)

Don't worry guys, chill, you'll be fine on this little putain
Old 04-Apr-2005, 17:27
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
I've only done Cadwell once but if I was racing on the Woodland circuit I reckon that lots of bravery going into Barn and carrying loads of corner speed round it would be a good plan, try and get good drive out and slinghot past somebody onto the start/finish straight; then try and make it stick on the brakes up to the chicane.

Trying to get better speed through the right hander at the bottom of the mountain and then trying to carry it across the mountain and down the next straight would be a plan as well, especially if you could rob someones line going into Hall Bends.

If you're really brave, try doing somebody on the brakes into the hairpin (the one after Hall)

That's pretty much it really. I think the majority will be done on the start-finish straight into the hairpin and into the first section of hall bends. Getting drive up the mountain and not backing off will be crucial but, as Ruth knows, coming into that first r/h - l/h too quick can be painful.....

Barn itself doesn't seem too attractive unless it's bone dry and warm. Not sure whether it is, but it feels a bit off-camber to me.
Old 04-Apr-2005, 17:41
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
"coming into that first r/h - l/h too quick can be painful....."

toooo quick...on a 600ss.........that aint gonna happen..u musta been referring to the 620ie boys......

Phil
Old 04-Apr-2005, 17:45
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
[If you're really brave, try doing somebody on the brakes into the hairpin (the one after Hall)

A guy on a ZX7RR was determine to outbrake and overtake me at that corner last year-he succeeded as well-first the bike, then him on his censored with smoke coming off his leathers.

"Barn itself doesn't seem too attractive unless it's bone dry and warm. Not sure whether it is, but it feels a bit off-camber to me."
Yep I reckon it's off camber, generally considered to be a good candidate for a highside if you give it too much round there.
If it's of any interest the CB500's were doing 52-58 second laps there at Easter...........oh yes, and it was foggy and damp.

John
Old 04-Apr-2005, 19:07
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
you could always try 4d's trick
strighten those bends right out
you might want to fit some grass track tyres though
Old 04-Apr-2005, 19:11
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Works for me What about the stuff it down the left hand into the hair pin Worked for me too that one 4D
Old 06-Apr-2005, 21:05

Mood: COME ON!!!!!
1st May cant come quick enough for me either........almost time to rock and roll!!! Am praying that bikes gonna be ready. wonder whether nearby Ducati dealer would let me have a 24hr test ride on a 620???
Old 07-Apr-2005, 00:30
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
Quote:

Yep I reckon it's off camber, generally considered to be a good candidate for a highside if you give it too much round there.

John

Is it off camber? or more 0 camber but because the exit is slightly downhill it ''feels'' off camber?