Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 05-Apr-2005, 11:09
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Cadwell 30th Practice.?

Does anyone know the formatt of the practise session.....is it a mock race with a race start..? is it 10 mins free track.?

???

Phil
Old 05-Apr-2005, 11:18
Mille

Are we even sure there is a practice on the 30th. Usual New Era procedure is to run practice sessions on Sunday morning for Sunday only entrants (ie., us). These are the normal 10 minute open track, best lap time is taken as your qualifier for grid position.

Cadwel Park is organising a practice day on the Friday (29th) for anyone with a race licence (this is not unusual the friday before a race weekend). You can book full day or afternoon only directly with the circuit (not New Era).

It's nearly time!!!!
Old 05-Apr-2005, 11:20
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
in the original paperwork it said practice on the Saturday - and there has been no updates since then

C
Old 05-Apr-2005, 11:26
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
i understood it was a special practice just for desmodue entrants to try and cut down the carnage at turn one.....and turn 2......and turn 3 etc.

but as you say havcnt heard anything else since.
Old 05-Apr-2005, 11:26
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by the old man
Are we even sure there is a practice on the 30th. Usual New Era procedure is to run practice sessions on Sunday morning for Sunday only entrants (ie., us). These are the normal 10 minute open track, best lap time is taken as your qualifier for grid position.

Cadwel Park is organising a practice day on the Friday (29th) for anyone with a race licence (this is not unusual the friday before a race weekend). You can book full day or afternoon only directly with the circuit (not New Era).

It's nearly time!!!!

Sure this is normal procedure but on the race list it does say " practise session " on the 30th April......

Maybe the DSC has organised a slot for us but its in what format.?

Phil

YES very close now........

[Edited on 5-4-2005 by fil2]
Old 05-Apr-2005, 11:31
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I understood there was going to be a practice at the end of racing on Saturday along with a Photocall, question is will mine and AKs bikes be ready in time those few extra hours on Saturday evening could make all the difference.
Old 05-Apr-2005, 11:38
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Skiddy - the big bore arrived last nite -and is now on (tho it doesnt have the later barrels as we were promised, so need to do compression tests etc).

Zaust to be started at the end of the week, but DLS have obviously got good taste - and also one other, as they have just arrived with Mark for systems to be done too

lots more 'bits' to do for AK tho..........

C, now playing the lonely housewife during the run-up to Cadders
Old 05-Apr-2005, 11:41
Big Twin

Mood: suck, squeeze, bang,......fart?
slightly off topic but has anyone received their paperwork from New Era yet? Sent my cheques and forms off a while ago and have already received my ACU licence...
Old 05-Apr-2005, 11:50
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
chi,

just phoned them myself this morning as wanted to make sure everything was in place. bascially they have had a run of weekend meetings so dont think they will send out the entries till maybe one week before the meeting. they normally send them out when the entires close which is 16th of april in this case anyway.
Old 05-Apr-2005, 11:51
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by chicken
slightly off topic but has anyone received their paperwork from New Era yet? Sent my cheques and forms off a while ago and have already received my ACU licence...

I have received my membership card..but nothing to do with Race entries..?? do we receive confirmation of place.?

Phil