Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Nov-2005, 21:47
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
zorsts & cpu ??

got my remus innovation zorsts fitted to the st now (deliverd by rob41,flanks,fordie,fill2 and firefly. thanks again)
so the question is
if the bike seems to run fine with them on (understatment or what ) would there be any good reason to also get it chipped
Old 01-Nov-2005, 21:58
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
If it ain't broke don't fix it , Just make sure im in front of you when we get out together, a flying knee slider is one thing a Remus Exocet another
I guess you'lle have to get out and ring its neck to see if any fuelling/mixture is going to be a prob may be lucky and not have to do anything 4D Wont be out this weekend as its the NEC Bikeshow on Sunday . 4D
Old 01-Nov-2005, 22:10
Ducati Meccanica

its neck has been rung
no problems evident goes like a flipin rocket
till it hits bout 110 (test track)then remembers it's an st2 not a st2rrs
Old 02-Nov-2005, 06:37
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
All the chip does is to alter the fuelling to suit whatever mods you have done to the bike,like cans,open airbox,etc...
As you say the bike is running fine on the std. chip,why not do a plug chop to confirm the mixture is correct?
Old 02-Nov-2005, 08:58
500SD

Mood: happy
The chip for yours is only about £35. and doesn't take much setting up.
Has it got rid of the flat spot
Old 02-Nov-2005, 10:27
Big Twin

Not sure if this is correct, but I was told that with today's fuels it is not so easy to tell if the fuel/air mixture is right by inspecting the plugs.

The freer flowing exhaust will weaken the mixture which will certainly make it produce more power. Unfortunately, it will also not do the engine much good if there are exceptionally weak spots now. A dyno run would confirm this, and shouldn't cost too much (recently saw cost of about £20 to get a graph done). Cheap compared to the damage that might be done from running too hot.

From my own experience, I recently had to ditch the ECU that came with the Termi and had the standard ECU refitted. I was having a Power COmmander fitted to correct the fuelling, and the initial dyno run showed just how weak the mixture was at the top end with the termi and std fuelling. They were concerned that I had been riding it for long like that, which I hadn't. For waht it's worth, there was no indication that it was wrong from the way it ran, in fact it seemed fantastic.
Old 02-Nov-2005, 19:39
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
All the chip does is to alter the fuelling to suit whatever mods you have done to the bike,like cans,open airbox,etc...
As you say the bike is running fine on the std. chip,why not do a plug chop to confirm the mixture is correct?

so far keefy i've only had a chance to have a quick detour on the way home from work on to a couple of fab twistys so not really any good checking the plug till i get a good spin out with you lot. most of my work journey is 30mph stuff so the plugs are sure to be a bit sooty
but every thing feels very nice, power seems more even and goes a bit further though i cant be sure as my rev counter has still got mad cow disease
Old 02-Nov-2005, 19:41
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by marko
The chip for yours is only about £35. and doesn't take much setting up.
Has it got rid of the flat spot

no sign of the dreaded flat spot at preasent
but i've said that before and it's popped back up again.
Old 02-Nov-2005, 20:45
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Glyn
Quote:

so far keefy i've only had a chance to have a quick detour on the way home from work on to a couple of fab twistys so not really any good checking the plug till i get a good spin out with you lot. most of my work journey is 30mph stuff so the plugs are sure to be a bit sooty
but every thing feels very nice, power seems more even and goes a bit further though i cant be sure as my rev counter has still got mad cow disease
Hmm,yeah...you will have to do a proper plug chop to get an idea of the mixture.I guess its a fairing off job to get to the front one?

[Edited on 2-11-2005 by KeefyB]
Old 02-Nov-2005, 21:25
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by Glyn
Quote:

Nice one mate...I'll be able to hear you now.

Are you sure it's the rev counter that's got mad cow disease?