Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 26-Mar-2006, 23:01
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
BHCN Fan Club

That's just me and Glyn then Fordie obviously there with Kelly as Fil2's spanner man. And obviously did a cracking job because Fil's results speak for that.

It was a great weekend. Very exciting watching the two classes. Skidlids looked like he could take 2nd place in the 583s from my vantage point in the 2nd race at Gooseneck but Fil kept all the opposition at bay to make a spectacular two time winning debut in his class.

Geoff Spencer, awesome on his KTM and then riding like a demon on his DD bike, was the most named rider over the weekend, as far as I could tell. Antonye and Dickie Ducati proved that the winter lay off hasn't dampened their spirits. Every rider I spoke to (with the exception of NBS who had a bit of moment in his first race) was having a whale of a time. TP was very sporting about his minor off and Butch seemed unphased by the damage to his loverly bike.

Newcomer Eric () did very well - gave the row in front a bit of a shunt off the start line in race one and had a run in with his balaclava in race 2 - no doubt he'll explain that, if there's any way that can be explained. Stayed upright at least and looked the business on No. 69.

Ali's report is spot on but can't purvey how fantastic watching all the DD boys racing round a sometimes slippery but always superbly exciting track.

How is psychlist?>>>>
Old 26-Mar-2006, 23:08
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Would've been there but for poorliness - not me, I'm fine.

Thanks to Glyn for the results text service keeping me up to date, just to say that I'm very proud of our local lads.

WELL DONE FIL and ALI
Old 27-Mar-2006, 11:08
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
What a day....???
Fantastic to see so many people from the club turn out to watch the racing (too numerous to name)
Wimped out of riding down on the 749 at the first wiff of rain but great to see Roofie wasn't bovvered abaht it in the slightest turning up on her beastie.
Hope TP and couchcommando are not feelin too sore after the off yesterday.
Great to see WJB on the at the same time as the DDers (bit confooosin for a thick bint who got dizzy trying to pick him out at the same time as mates on the grid riding Dukes!!!)
Spectacular second race from 583ers...edge of the seat stuff for every lap!
Congratulations to team Cornerspeed for some superb riding and a superb result!

GREAT DAY!

Oh! Thanks Glynn for the Cream scone it was YUMMY!
Old 27-Mar-2006, 17:14
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Still here in Jerez at the mo,been informed of the results by text.(Thanx Marko)
Well done Fil and Ali,.....BHCN boys rool!
Old 27-Mar-2006, 17:16
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Still here in Jerez at the mo,been informed of the results by text.(Thanx Marko)
Well done Fil and Ali,.....BHCN boys rool!

You wouldn't be in Jerez by any chance would you mate?.....Bastid

Good result yesterday for you as well then
Old 27-Mar-2006, 18:50
500SD

Mood: happy
Sorry I Could'nt make it, but had other things to do. Well done fil and Ali,

and thanks to Glyn for results.
Old 27-Mar-2006, 19:41
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride

Fil2 on his way to a 1st place

Yellows the colour

Waiting to go 1st time out and ready to go and qualify.

That was so good to see the lads race in the two classes 620 and 583 The whole week end was Greeeat. Great to get most of us together down the same pit lane ,Great to see every one supporting one another,Great to see the supporters themselves, But seeing the true potential of riders struggling to battle it out last year in a class to high and now seeing them up the front and really making a race of things was to most Im sure, the best thing . Seeing Skids battling up the front and hounding people was a treat to see. The whole racing was that much better. Now that the "new" boys on the grid have been indocrinated it was great to see them testing themselves too,quite a few nice suprisses and more to follow no doubt.I maybe should'nt brag about Fil2 being the man of the match,( but I will ) on that last lap after coming into yellow flags Grif and Skids closed him down and then managed to make a pass. Coming back through the mountain to see Fil in third place
Watched them shoot up into Hall Bends out of Barns onto the home straight, Coppice all in hot pursuit of each other, 583's giving it all Eventually coming back through the Mountain to see Fil in the lead and every one on the grandstand going mad Ill not forget that ever.
In the 620's again, much better seeing the boys battling it out with the power band available .Early days Im sure,the weather is the only thing that can get better, I doubt if the racing will, thats in heatwave territory . I just got to get me head around all the new guys and bikes around now,bad enough when their were 30/40 now its more like 50/60. A Great big thumbs up to ALL the DD racers out at the week end you all did the DSC PROUD with out doubt . 4D
Old 27-Mar-2006, 19:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
awww shucks folks
thats o.k

lisa
thanks for mentioning the scone
my missis wouldn't belive i hadn't ate them all my self!!
Old 27-Mar-2006, 19:45
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
good pics n right up pete
Old 27-Mar-2006, 20:53
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Fordie

Seeing Skids battling up the front and hounding people was a treat to see.

Cheers for that Fordie, I take that as a real compliment coming from you.
Just wasn't as good as your guy on the day

Kev