Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Mar-2009, 15:59
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinashman
It kind of all fits together now. Moto Six nations event, sort out their races, see what else they can shoes horn in, job done. Wish I'd seen that one coming, would have given me more time to prepare for Anglesey

And maybe if the RC had known back in December how the Donington meeting was to be run things may have been different and we may have found ourselves racing at Mallory this coming weekend.
But trying to see it coming from 3 months away (briefing note 1 issued on 17/12/08) is nigh on impossible.

I was at the New Era meeting on feb 14th and so many things were still up in the air at that point and points they thought they had sorted then had to be resorted due to riders/members input.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 17-Mar-2009, 16:20
Mille

Am I suprised? Not at all. new Era told me categorically it was ALWAYS going to be a mixed grid weeks ago. Maybe I'm wrong but if we are racing on Sunday dont we have to have a warm up session on Sunday too? I understood we were having an untimed practice on Saturday too Kev, obviously thats out of the window too I guess.....I'm with Andy and Harriet.....DD needs to move clubs.
Old 17-Mar-2009, 17:07
GTL

Mood: 2008 Desmodue Class B champion
Honestly!

If you folks won the pools you'd still punch the postman
Old 17-Mar-2009, 17:09
Mille

Really Matt? That doesnt sound like a comment from you after what you were saying to me the other evening ?
Old 17-Mar-2009, 17:29
GTL

Mood: 2008 Desmodue Class B champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogaromill998
Really Matt? That doesnt sound like a comment from you after what you were saying to me the other evening ?

Whilst I agree that there have been more than a couple of issues that have raised concern towards the organisation of the series this year, this is not one that you and I have discussed David. My post was really in reference to the fact that newera could do no right at all last season amoung the dd'ers, they have made a lot of changes to the format for the Donnington meeting but still nobody is pleased.

When you sent your entries into newera for this meeting did you send it in on the understanding that it would only be ok so long as you weren't last race of the day for example?

If people don't like it, either make suggestions to newera on how to improve things, or go to the meeting like Skidlids did. If people are not willing to do any of those then either withdraw your entry or put up with it.
I just dont see how any of this on here helps the situation and what does this show to new people who are thinking of joining the series.

My comment wasn't aimed at anybody in perticular, it was just the impression that I was given having seen all the stuff from last year and seeing it all now too.
Old 17-Mar-2009, 17:39
Mille

Jeez! Am I glad I'm not ready for Donington....

....although I must admit I was really looking forward to it and I'm ****ed off that I will probably never get the chance to race there before it changes forever.

Roll on Anglesey
Old 17-Mar-2009, 17:41
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-T28
Whilst I agree that there have been more than a couple of issues that have raised concern towards the organisation of the series this year, this is not one that you and I have discussed David. My post was really in reference to the fact that newera could do no right at all last season amoung the dd'ers, they have made a lot of changes to the format for the Donnington meeting but still nobody is pleased.

When you sent your entries into newera for this meeting did you send it in on the understanding that it would only be ok so long as you weren't last race of the day for example?

If people don't like it, either make suggestions to newera on how to improve things, or go to the meeting like Skidlids did. If people are not willing to do any of those then either withdraw your entry or put up with it.
I just dont see how any of this on here helps the situation and what does this show to new people who are thinking of joining the series.

My comment wasn't aimed at anybody in perticular, it was just the impression that I was given having seen all the stuff from last year and seeing it all now too.

Blooming heck Matt, how come the box this head came out of was not around last year

Chris
Old 17-Mar-2009, 18:46
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong but if we are racing on Sunday dont we have to have a warm up session on Sunday too?

No requirement for Sunday Pactice unless the rider wasn't out on track on the Saturday.
NG have been running two day events for years and on the Sunday they have practice sessions for Sunday only entrants and anybody that fell on Saturday can usually blag a practice ticket along with a few of those who beg for a practice pass

Quote:
Am I suprised? Not at all. new Era told me categorically it was ALWAYS going to be a mixed grid weeks ago.

My entry form said races D1 and D2 so that told me it was likely to be a mixed grid it also had in print 2 races and 1 timed practice. and thats exactly what we are getting. So its no suprise to me either

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 17-Mar-2009, 19:35
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM
....And that's why I bought an R1

Are You Racing it Jon ?
Old 17-Mar-2009, 19:43
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke