Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 25-Oct-2005, 19:16
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
maybe I am soft but I really feel for Gibernau, he is one of the few that has ridden at Rossi's level, and I think as he has done it once he can do it again once his head is right. I also think that Rossi is the absolute master of media manipulation and mind games and the second scalp after Biaggi in the Rossi "I am no longer your friend" game.

I can also see that Ducati Corse need sponsorship money, Gibernau gives them that all important Spanish interest. As Ducati do not have a stroker 250 they do not have a route for youngsters; guess you need experience to ride a desmosedicci.

I guess realistically Ducati are not going for a championship win but perhaps podiums and a couple of wins so Capirossi and Gibernau are perhaps the best placed to do this.
Old 25-Oct-2005, 20:19
Mille
Bikes: 748

Mood: C'est la vie...
Give Gibernau a Horlicks, and pack him off with a nice pair of slippers.........

Agree with Yeti - give the likes of Lanzi an excellent education under the wing of Capirex (& secure Championship positions 1&2 in 2007!).
Old 25-Oct-2005, 20:55
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
As Sponsorship/Marketing manager for one of the Worlds top Downhill mountain bike companies ( we've won the World Cup 3 times out of last 5 years) I'm used to working with riders/sponsors and fans and have a fairly clear idea of what I consider successful to the brand I work for which is very similar to Ducati being a UK based, very high end, small volume manufacturer and fighting the might of the "big" companies every weekend. Ducati are a marque with loyal fans and the team/riders should inspire the fans despite the results. Don't get me wrong, results are important but Ducati fans know they are up against the might of the big Japanese factories and I'd think most of us accept that no matter who the rider ( with the exception of Vale) is its more than likely they won't win every weekend. Sete might be a good rider, undoubtedly he has ability but his personality wouldn't inspire me to buy a bike or remain loyal to Ducati. The brand needs riders who have that special something, Marco is getting there as is Nicky Hayden and Ducati should be looking for that star quality not going for an old timer who, as can be seen from this thread, is now a faded star. Capirex gives them the stability they should get a rider a alongside him who can benefit from that but at the same time bring enthusiasm and determination, when you're young the hunger to win is a lot stronger as Marco proved last weekend.
Old 25-Oct-2005, 21:22
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
As Sponsorship/Marketing manager for one of the Worlds top Downhill mountain bike companies ( we've won the World Cup 3 times out of last 5 years) I'm used to working with riders/sponsors and fans and have a fairly clear idea of what I consider successful to the brand I work for which is very similar to Ducati being a UK based, very high end, small volume manufacturer and fighting the might of the "big" companies every weekend. Ducati are a marque with loyal fans and the team/riders should inspire the fans despite the results. Don't get me wrong, results are important but Ducati fans know they are up against the might of the big Japanese factories and I'd think most of us accept that no matter who the rider ( with the exception of Vale) is its more than likely they won't win every weekend. Sete might be a good rider, undoubtedly he has ability but his personality wouldn't inspire me to buy a bike or remain loyal to Ducati. The brand needs riders who have that special something, Marco is getting there as is Nicky Hayden and Ducati should be looking for that star quality not going for an old timer who, as can be seen from this thread, is now a faded star. Capirex gives them the stability they should get a rider a alongside him who can benefit from that but at the same time bring enthusiasm and determination, when you're young the hunger to win is a lot stronger as Marco proved last weekend.

Bloody well said that man!
Old 25-Oct-2005, 21:50
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
and Marco is Italian.... !!! (another..)
Old 25-Oct-2005, 22:01
GTL

.....Just wanna see John Hopkins on something decent
Old 25-Oct-2005, 23:11
Montjuic

Mood: happy
i do agree with the let's get young blood in the to the team ready for when rossi finally quits.because let's face it. it's his championship.as for sete moaning if were all truthfull don't we all throw our rattles out of the pram when things aren't going right.we have even seen the great rossi do it. yes i do like sete because if it wasn't for him for a couple of seasons it would have been the one man show it so nearly is now.
i can also remember alot of people ****ging of checa when he was signed to replace baylis and dare i say i think he has done a better job.
so maybe if sete does sign shouldn't we give him a chance before we hang him .anyway if he is cr** he'll get the sack afterall its not for life

[Edited on 25-10-2005 by dodgy]
Old 25-Oct-2005, 23:15
GTL

Mood: I want to come home ::(:but then
Well put Gizmo, hit the hammer on the head. Ducati is about passion, so we need a passionate rider representing the bike.
Old 25-Oct-2005, 23:55
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by dodgy
it's his championship.as for sete moaning if were all truthfull don't we all throw our rattles out of the pram when things aren't going right.

[Edited on 25-10-2005 by dodgy]

No, good riders don't do it all the time, what brand wants a rider to represent them if its all complaining ?? I've been fortunate in all the sponsorships decisions I've taken, only once in over 11 years have I had that type of rider and I was glad when we parted company even though he had talent. I've worked with 2 amazing riders over the years , 1 a young rider who we were fortunate enough to get and take to his first world cup wins then onto a World Cup championship victory, the other a rider who like Sete had achieved almost everything yet his results with us have been incredible, he's had his best years and has given us a loyal fan base because of his personality and ability to relate to the fans but more importantly because his riding is inspirational to thousands of mountain bike riders, thats what Ducati need now. Both riders had isues with bikes , courses or kit but these were sorted behind the scenes never in public.

Sete ain't the rider that inspires me, he might well win races, poles etc but the character behind it doesn't make you want to go ride your bike. The only thing I do notice is that he's obviously a caring person, the 74 logo reminds me of that everytime I see it but thats not enough.
Old 26-Oct-2005, 00:37
GTL

Mood: I want to come home ::(:but then
So, if all the riders were on the open market and available (apart from Rossi) who would be the ideal choice for Ducati. Mine would be Marco.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit