Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 21-May-2005, 14:19
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth
A ride up to Peterborough today would have been pretty *****ty but if I'd decided to go the weather wouldn't have stopped me. But there's friends, family, college work, the dog, umpteen things to consider and, as Lily said, unless bikes are the only thing in your life, you have to make choices that might seem less than supportive of the club. For which I for one apologise.

No need to apologise Ruth just because you have a life outside Ducatis. I get some stick from the Surrey massive for putting my wife before the club when it comes to the amount of time I can spend on my bike and the number of events I can attend. Can't be doing with this 'real club member' ****. Just be glad of my company when you get it I say
Old 21-May-2005, 14:24
BSB Star

A real member of the DSC is 1 who pays their membership fee. Simple.
Old 21-May-2005, 14:25
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Henners
Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth
A ride up to Peterborough today would have been pretty *****ty but if I'd decided to go the weather wouldn't have stopped me. But there's friends, family, college work, the dog, umpteen things to consider and, as Lily said, unless bikes are the only thing in your life, you have to make choices that might seem less than supportive of the club. For which I for one apologise.

No need to apologise Ruth just because you have a life outside Ducatis. I get some stick from the Surrey massive for putting my wife before the club when it comes to the amount of time I can spend on my bike and the number of events I can attend. Can't be doing with this 'real club member' <b>[Censored]</b> . Just be glad of my company when you get it I say

I thought you were talking about me then, then i remembered, I'm not married!
Old 21-May-2005, 20:45
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally posted by Flanks
A real member of the DSC is 1 who pays their membership fee. Simple.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 21-May-2005, 20:55
Ducati Corse

I live and breathe Ducatis,and have done for 15 years+.BUT however much i love my bike and riding,my Wife and children come first.I would love to do ALL things DSC/Ducati/bsb/bsb/gp related,but also want to see my Family.have a good time with them,offset with my love of bikes.It would be VERY interesting to see how many members sourth of the North/South divide would make REGULAR visits to say Croft,for get togethers,meetings and ride outs.I think that those of us in Yorkshire/Cumbria/northeast/North west do a SUPERB job of supporting the club!!Just my opinion and if i've over reated to the post i apologise in Advance!!

We all have different prioritys in life Family/money/work/health,all of wihich dictate what level of commitment we can make to the club.As previously stated,if you pay your subscription you are no more or less a member of this club than anyone else.

I shall prepare myself to be flayed!!
Old 21-May-2005, 23:09
BSB Star

Can't argue with that Jasper.
Old 21-May-2005, 23:21
Dibble

Jasper, you are a truly wise young Ginger-san ....
Old 21-May-2005, 23:29
Ducati Corse

Dseered,unfortuantely i am going as South as i can!I am going to Goodwood for the Festival of speed on the Sat/Sun.It is a real shame that i cannot do the Lakes,as i am sure it will be a stunning get together.Apart from the Gp,TD and Cadwell BSB,thats my "only" commitments for the year!Hopefully any other meets i can make!

Dibble,Flanks-thanks for the posts.You never know how many people you can Unintentially upset!
Old 21-May-2005, 23:33
Dibble

nah, i never upset people "unintentionally" .. wheres the fun in that ... lol

[Edited on 21-5-2005 by DIBBLE]
Old 21-May-2005, 23:46
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
Dseered,unfortuantely i am going as South as i can!I am going to Goodwood for the Festival of speed on the Sat/Sun.It is a real shame that i cannot do the Lakes,as i am sure it will be a stunning get together.Apart from the Gp,TD and Cadwell BSB,thats my "only" commitments for the year!Hopefully any other meets i can make!

Dibble,Flanks-thanks for the posts.You never know how many people you can Unintentially upset!

My other half and inlaws come from Shipley, I'm used to directness of you monkeys! :P

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit