Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 05-Sep-2006, 02:38
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
Dom's race report class B (long)

Dom’s class B race report.

Well I booked the Friday trackday and couldn’t get to grips with the track at all. This was due to slow riders on fast bikes in my way all the time had some big moments and nearly ran into a few people. Any way managed to get my lap times down to 1.28s so was happy with that and was sure that I could do 1.27s at a push. I watched the racing on Saturday and it was good fun watching the DD races. Well-done Ian Leah for winning on his 50th birthday. And Kieran Morris for winning both class B races. After watching the racing I couldn’t wait for my go on Sunday.

Qualifying was wet with a dry line. The last thing I wanted to do was have a crash so I took it easy, a little to easy as I ended up 11th in class. Andy Roberts crashed right in front of me, which showed how hard it was out there. I was not at all happy about being 11th and I felt I had a point to prove for the race.

Race one. Got an okay start got passed by a few riders but keep it pinned as best I could though the first few corners and get a few places back. I was behind Michael winters on a 620 and had better corner speed than him but couldn’t make a move but he was catching class B riders in front of me so I stayed behind him and pick my over taking points with a few laps to go I was catching Andy Roberts for 4th place and I was much faster than him after saving my a high side moment at the second corner I leave my move so that I pass him on the start finish straight on the last lap. A few corners later I see Andrew Griffith has come off and I knew I was in 3rd place my first podium was in sight. I could see that a rider had gone down at the last corner and I try and pick my way past only to see Andy Roberts pass me back I go over the finish line just behind him. I was real ****ed off he must of passed me under yellow flag I was not happy. I went to protest but nothing could be done. Andy I m sure you are aware of the dangerous move that you did and it was bang out of order and shouldn’t of happened. I took me a long time to cool off after the race and I put the incident down to a leaning one.

During the race I had cooked the rear tyre and need to be replaced. AK let me borrow a spare wheel and tyre and Ian Leah let me have a part worn tyre that I could use later. (The rear tyre had done all the races plus a few track days so it was finish)

Race two. Got a bad start and I tried running around the out side of turn one but Andrew Griffith came out of no were and I had to slam on the brakes mid corner. Things sort them self out and I pass a few riders and was in 8th place and 5 laps to go with a big gap behind me. Having a pit board this weekend helped so much. I was easily catching Andy Roberts and Mark Foskett in front of me and again plan my moves for the last lap. But the red flag came out I was a bit up set that I didn’t get a chance to try my moves but I was more concerned for the downed rider Chris Wood. Thank fully he’s okay.

I ended a mixed weekend with my best result to date 4th and 7th. Bitterly disappointed for missing the podium again. I still have a good chance to finish the season in 4th place and look forward to Cadwell

Leaving out what happened to Dominic Cann’s bike as you all know. Well done to Mr Cann and Mr Huntley for there championship wins and Andy Shepard on his first win. Hopefully I can join you on the podium at cadwell.

Chin up griff if I was in your position in race one id of done the same
Old 05-Sep-2006, 02:42
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
also well done Mark Hill fantastic ride on 36 mate in class A
Old 05-Sep-2006, 09:48
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Always the bridesmaid eh dom! 4th place is damn good tho, if it's your best result so far then it means you're going in the right direction.
Don't get me started on yella flags!

well done on some good results.
Old 05-Sep-2006, 10:13
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Good write-up Dom,

Dont worry, you'll soon get your podium, Cadwell could be the one they way you wasx riding a couple of weeks ago

Andy
Old 05-Sep-2006, 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Clegg
also well done Mark Hill fantastic ride on 36 mate in class A

Thank you Dom, i'm very happy with the whole weekend, and nice to meet you and everyone.

BTW, Coming into russels, the flag hut on the right was empty, the first yellow to indicate an incident was at corum, the fast one!
If you missed corum's flag then your on the incident before you can counteract the move, but then the rider concerned should of returned your place after the corner.
Old 05-Sep-2006, 10:55
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Well done Dom2

You're getting faster and faster, and have stopped falling off

You WILL get that podium soon. Keep plugging away and don't rush it.