Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Feb-2005, 23:32
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Can we use slicks?

I'll get me coat
Old 08-Feb-2005, 23:44
Big Twin

Not racing in desmodue but i run the diablo on the road never had a prob. had rear over to the side wall within 3 miles of fitting them.

Its the wrong time of year to gauge on the open road how they will perform salt/oil etc on the road not anything like track conditions.

All tyres are black and round the only limitations are in the riders head.

Old 08-Feb-2005, 23:51
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I really wish I was the Iconic-webmeisterDude

nevermind...here is a worrying French translation on the BT090-Pro:

"BT-090 Pro The light motor bikes from 125 to 650 Cm3, in particular the supermotard, such are the applicability of the BT-090 Pro. Thanks to the application of new Bridgestone technologies, this last variation of the famous BT-96 seems predestined for the sporting courses. The ideal tire for the machines of supermotard! Adherence Stability Precision and handiness "a Little technique..." - the silica gum compound enriched maintains a very high level of grip and brings a rise in fast temperature. - the reduced number of bleedings on the shoulder grants a maximum of grip on dryness and a better control on the angle, and numbers it bleedings in the center of the tread grants more grip on wet ground. - the rigidity of the carcass of the tire increases the level of grip on the angle, improves control of the trajectory and reduces the shimmy (side vibrations) at the time of a road use".

also:

http://www.motorcycle-karttires.com/racing/bt090.asp

even I'm awaiting Chris's announcement with baited breath.........

Frank
Old 08-Feb-2005, 23:52
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
And that is one of the problems with using wets, ideally you need another set of wheels and better still discs also.
I for one haven't seen many wheels for sale lately for the bikes we will be riding let alone 30 pairs.
As Dominic points out there is going to be a fair amount of money spent by some bikes so then why worry about saving a few extra quid with a control tyre.
Still hopefully after Saturday we will be told what we are racing on.
Old 09-Feb-2005, 00:13
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Iconic944ss
.......................Adherence Stability Precision and handiness "a Little technique"............

Frank

Fantastic!!!
Old 09-Feb-2005, 00:17
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by domskidue

Seeing as most of the entrants seem to be spending freely on their brand new bikes, Ohlins, big bores etc .........

Who's doing this then? I reckon people have either gone the way of buying a late (or new) bike and doing very few mods or older bikes and doing lots.

I'm not sure there are many who are buying late ones and then spending loads..... are there?????? - I could be wrong though?

I'm still in favour of one tyre make only, like the sand paper - wet or dry!!!
Old 09-Feb-2005, 00:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Spoke to a coup[le of breakers last week while trying to replace my dinged front wheel. Got quoted £140 for a s/h front without disc, for a wheel that is identical to the 750/900/etc. The rear is specific to the 600/750 at 4.5". 30 pairs......, 30 sets of discs......

I'm absolutely sure it would be safer and much more fun to run wets, warmers and decent dry tyres, but I know I'm not the only one that is already feeling the pinch without the added expense.

Now watch me stuff it on the first wet day!!

Ali
Old 09-Feb-2005, 00:33
Montjuic

The KR364 has gotta be a better tyre for the full range of conditions on that weight/power of bike. Unfortunately you can't get much of a deal out of Dunlop so they'd work out something like double the £110 that was mentioned for BT90's.

Andy
Old 09-Feb-2005, 08:59
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Boys and Girls,

Might I suggest that it is time to stop the speculation and wait till the riders meeting on Saturday. We will clear up all of the outstanding points at that time, so that everyone can get on with being ready for the 1st race.

It is only about 10 weeks now till this all kicks off, not long.

Chris
Old 09-Feb-2005, 09:03
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by ali
Spoke to a coup[le of breakers last week while trying to replace my dinged front wheel. Got quoted £140 for a s/h front without disc, for a wheel that is identical to the 750/900/etc. The rear is specific to the 600/750 at 4.5". 30 pairs......, 30 sets of discs......

I'm absolutely sure it would be safer and much more fun to run wets, warmers and decent dry tyres, but I know I'm not the only one that is already feeling the pinch without the added expense.

Now watch me stuff it on the first wet day!!

Ali

Agreed.......i understood we voted for 1 controlled tyre .?