Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:48
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix n max
Quote:
Originally posted by boggy 8
I CLOCKED ONE OF THE DLS GUYS AT 1.53,I THINK HE WAS THE FASTEST DD RIDER ON SATURDAY

Bugger must do better!

Hrmm ... me too, have to find a few seconds.

And to think I helped them at lunchtime ...
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:55
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
I think the two DSL blokes where sharing sessions. Something about a mix up with the booking. At 1.53 my boys still safe
Old 24-Apr-2005, 23:55
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Yella
I was trying to time about six bikes in the Inters in the afternoon so did not get much of a chance to time ALi or TP or DickieD but I reckon they were in the mid to high 1min 50's.
Did notice you were on the mark from the off and not a real gradual easing in to the sessions though. looked constant once the way was clear for you.
Ali and TP were pretty even after the first couple of laps per session with a constant gap between em but Ali was stretching it a bit lap by lap.
The guy on the Ducati London South bike? with the orange instructor bib on did pretty much every session, novice inter and fast, I saw in the PM so he was getting tired or trying to master certain bits per lap as he was gradually dropped by Ali and TP in most PM sessions after he had been romping away at the front of the first session after lunch or was he sand bagging?

Dave Harris looked comfortably quick on a bike he has not yet got set up properly so one to watch when it is me thinks?

Hope the bikes were OK at the end of the day for you all and good luck in the first race, see you all there!

Oh yeah, big hint to TP, WTF is the tea tray about????
You could gain 5 mph down the straight if you got shut of the wind break:P

Well, the tea tray was supposed to be gone by now - I've got a nose cone on order from JHP that was supposed to turn up last week. I'll chase them in the morning.

Thanks for the timing, it gives me something to think about. I figured I was running similar times to Ali - he is definitely better at passing people though, I was being conservative. I'd get held up and let him get away. I started passing people better in the afternoon but still not as good as Ali, I won't be as nice in the future!

Ali and I were hunting one of the DLS guys in one of the afternoon sessions, Ali got him and I had caught him up when he pulled in. Must have been sandbagging though if he was doing times like that earlier on.

Good to finally meet you, hope you get the bike sorted out soon and get back on the track soon.
Old 25-Apr-2005, 00:07
Big Twin
Bikes: Kawasaki ZX10r D6f, Dawes XC2.4, Planet X Superlight Pro Carbon

Mood: aving a laff
Thought that was the reason you were losing Ali but its only a trackday and nowhere to be practising racing overtakes, especially in Inters.

IMHO, next time you want to be running fast group as although there were a few quick lads there were a lot that were running slower times than you.

You might also get dragged on by a few quicker riders and improve your times/confidence in areas you were lacking in?

Was good to meet you all and hope the series goes well for you all.

Did not realise the DLS bike had two riders?
Then again to run all sessions in the PM would have taken a lot out of one rider so it weighs up.

When I was watching in the PM the DLS bike did not seem to be as quick as 1min 53's but as I was not timing them specifically then when they were running fast group they could have been up in that area.
Old 25-Apr-2005, 00:13
Mille

HE WAS IN THE FAST GROUP # 26 THEY HAD 2 BIKES #26 AND #62
Old 25-Apr-2005, 00:16
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
I think the two DSL blokes where sharing sessions. Something about a mix up with the booking. At 1.53 my boys still safe

WHO IS YOUR BOY JON ?
Old 25-Apr-2005, 00:20
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by Old Yella
Thought that was the reason you were losing Ali but its only a trackday and nowhere to be practising racing overtakes, especially in Inters.

IMHO, next time you want to be running fast group as although there were a few quick lads there were a lot that were running slower times than you.

You might also get dragged on by a few quicker riders and improve your times/confidence in areas you were lacking in?

Was good to meet you all and hope the series goes well for you all.

Did not realise the DLS bike had two riders?
Then again to run all sessions in the PM would have taken a lot out of one rider so it weighs up.

When I was watching in the PM the DLS bike did not seem to be as quick as 1min 53's but as I was not timing them specifically then when they were running fast group they could have been up in that area.

It's good to know about the fast group - I guess until you jump in or have someone compare your times you just don't know. You make a fair point. I've never been in the fast group before and I thought I'd get eaten on the slow bike. Also, I'd never been to Cadwell. Just not sure about diving into the fast groups on circuits I haven't been to on the monster - I'd be happier on the 996.

Soon, I'll be patient.
Old 25-Apr-2005, 00:26
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon

WHO IS YOUR BOY JON ?

Old 25-Apr-2005, 00:27
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Quote:
WHO IS YOUR BOY JON ?

Geoff?
Old 25-Apr-2005, 15:04
Mille

I would have posted earlier but I spent yesterday up to my ears in SH*T the bl**dy pipes to our cess pit had blocked over 4 hour wasted and i can still savour the aroma even now!
For some unkown reason the focused events guys thought that it was sensible to put 50hp bikes in the fast group so dickie and I went out with them for the first session, although dickie weedled his way into the inters I was told that no one had comnplained about me and i was ok!! It certainly was good preperation for the first race being close passed by a dozen bikes ever straight, and to add insult to injury my clutch started to slip in the second session and after that i had a four speed monster and couldnt open the throttle fully even in 3rd gear.
It was nice of old yella to say I was comfortabley quick but I certainly didnt feel quick although that may have been due to bikes with over twice the power just p*ssing off as I struggled to extract all the power the clutch would take.
Dominic followed me for a couple of laps and said my lines were ok but he obviously got bored and just disapeared but I felt happier at the hairpin and barn so hopefully it was money well spent.

on the clutch front one of the dls bikes suffered the same problem and although I amd fitting a new clutch today I amd going to pack it with an extra plain plate to prevent a reoccourence.

It was nice meeting jon again and all the other club members and look forward to seeing you all this weekend

dave