Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 25-Jul-2005, 17:38
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Rossi @Donny

Well no-one really has said much on the subject (I guess quite a few are at Cadwell), but what can you say?

What a race, the conditions were probably some of the worst I've seen, I remember Philip Island a few years ago and they refused to race with all of the flooding (WSB) not quite on that level, but not far off.

Felt gutted for Bayliss as all he did was get out of Melandri's way, I really thought Troy was on for a podium at best, would of been top 5 if he'd of stayed on, it's about time his luck changed.

Hopkins for getting back out there and bagging a few points was another good show, Kenny Jr for getting a podium after the huge drought, although was that a tyre thing (look at the Ducati's???) he and Suzuki need to build on this.

Talking of the Ducati's all three came home with points, Checa, Capirossi and Rolfo (Dantin), if there were a few more laps maybe Checa/Capirossi could have took Edwards, but we'll never know, it shows the bike has got it, but clearly the tyres (in the dry at least) aren't up to the job yet, Bridgestone need to fix this fast for the like of them, Suzuki and Kawasaki

Byne and Ellison, bugger what can you say?

Colin has really ramped up his intentions now, although he only bagged 4th it shows as ever he is Mr Consistent and now lies 3rd in the championship (started 5th yesterday) and only 1 point off second to boot.

But then you have the wonder boy Rossi! Poor start and nearly highsided 3 times at least, ran wide and nearly off at the esses but fought back and made it look so easy when he bolted towards the end, he made the rest look 2nd rate, maybe not good for the championship but you can't take away his showmanship and just buggering off from the beginning, good for the sponsors I guess and the crowds.

Look at that bike a few years ago in Biaggi's hands, even Melandri's last year, Rossi, Jeremy Burgess and Yamaha have turned that bike around so far, where can he go now? what is he going to do next?

Stick him on the WCM and he'd still bag a podium on his first outing, give JB the bike for 6 months and he'd make that a winner no doubt!
Old 25-Jul-2005, 17:55
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Rossi on a Ducati - it's the future.
Old 25-Jul-2005, 18:27
500SD

Mood: DOH!
I was also gutted for troy, I really thought he might upset the apple cart and win one!
Also big shout out to Shakey, going so well, give him the Suzuki and make James Ellison his team mate I say!
Old 25-Jul-2005, 18:40
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Yeah I was really peeved about Troy as well!

I think we'll see better things from him for the rest of the year, he looks like he's got a bit of confidence back. He needs to or he'll be riding for someone else next year!
Old 25-Jul-2005, 18:50
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Yeah I was really peeved about Troy as well!

I think we'll see better things from him for the rest of the year, he looks like he's got a bit of confidence back. He needs to or he'll be riding for someone else next year!

If he doesn't get it together soon I honestly don't think he'll have a GP ride next year, unless someone like KR etc offer him a ride
Old 26-Jul-2005, 10:39
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
What happened to Troy? I recorded the race on BBC2 but due to having just added digital it buggered it up and I got a black screen!
Old 26-Jul-2005, 10:42
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Ozz
What happened to Troy? I recorded the race on BBC2 but due to having just added digital it buggered it up and I got a black screen!

About lap 3 he was 5th, maybe 6th coming out of the last turn Melandri binned it, Troy was ready to make a pass, but had to run wide to avoid hitting Melandri and his bike, ended up on the grass at 10mph or so, obviously grass has no grip especially when wet and down he went...

He could of had a podium I reckon

[Edited on 26-7-2005 by JPM]
Old 26-Jul-2005, 11:00
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
Bugger. I turned on the TV in the afternoon when I heard the video stop and at that very moment you had Rossi standing up in usual fashion and the others trailing well back.

What can you say about Rossi though? Except - ride that yellow liveried bike again please?
Old 26-Jul-2005, 11:06
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Rossi on a Ducati - it's the future.

we hope!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit