Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 13-Nov-2005, 12:02
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally posted by Tonio600
I think it was the standard disc and m/c, only the line and the pads have been changed.

Correct, standard disc, caliper, master cylinder, and he outbraked me a number of times as well as many a twin disc setup.

I think the real answer here is; if you think that a twin disc setup will give you more confidence then gp with that. Look back on your crashes this year and ask yourself how many were because you were too heavy on the brakes. If none then you should keep a twin disc setup. If some then maybe a single disc with a decent master cyl (for better feel) would be a better setup.

Cheers,

Ali
Old 14-Nov-2005, 11:34
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
I ran a single disc with std master cylinder all year.........never had a single braking issue caused by over heating or lack of braking power...... AND i finished 3rd overall..........................nurdy nur nur

oh and i did have the fork leg for a second disc...just never felt like i needed it...............

as Ali said go with what you feel confident with other than what " others " say is best.......

[Edited on 14-11-2005 by fil2]
Old 14-Nov-2005, 11:49
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Ah but Phil if DLS riders hadn't suffered problems then there would probably have been 3 twin Disc bikes ahead of you, yes all 620s but how do you know a twin disc setup may not have bagged a few extra points.

But if your happy to stick with it then fair enough, if I carried your sort of corner speed or had a bit of extra power it would have been less of a issue for me, but as I was constantly battling bigger more powerful bikes I found I had to use my brakes a fair bit to try and get past of keep with 675s and 620s on my 583
Old 14-Nov-2005, 12:04
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Ah but Phil if DLS riders hadn't suffered problems

Being fast is one thing but a championship is made up of more than one thing.
Plenty of what ifs during a year but the results stand because the top 3 actually did it regardless
Old 14-Nov-2005, 12:09
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:

But if your happy to stick with it then fair enough, if I carried your sort of corner speed or had a bit of extra power it would have been less of a issue for me, but as I was constantly battling bigger more powerful bikes I found I had to use my brakes a fair bit to try and get past of keep with 675s and 620s on my 583

I'm with Skids on this point. ( except the getting past 675's )
Was single at beginning of year then went to twin. Like mine as it is now, better than my single was before on the track.
Old 14-Nov-2005, 12:15
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
I'll do some pre-season tests, but I would definitely think than there is no need of 2 discs on the 600 Monster just because it was first sold with only one disc. The later add of a second disc may be another trick to look like a 900???
Old 14-Nov-2005, 12:16
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Message original : couchcommando
Quote:
Ah but Phil if DLS riders hadn't suffered problems

Plenty of what ifs during a year but the results stand because the top 3 actually did it regardless

+1
Old 14-Nov-2005, 12:21
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by couchcommando

After my years in racing I know all about what ifs and Phils 3rd place Championship trophy was well deserved. But with Mike and Clint not being able to make the final round at Cadwell due to DSL closing I was actually expecting Phil to get a podium finish in at least one of the races and I'm not sure why he didn't. Was it that there were seven faster riders out there, or was it that there were seven faster bikes out there or maybe it was because there were seven bikes out there with better brakes.
Old 14-Nov-2005, 12:31
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Quote:

After my years in racing I know all about what ifs and Phils 3rd place Championship trophy was well deserved. But with Mike and Clint not being able to make the final round at Cadwell due to DSL closing I was actually expecting Phil to get a podium finish in at least one of the races and I'm not sure why he didn't. Was it that there were seven faster riders out there, or was it that there were seven faster bikes out there or maybe it was because there were seven bikes out there with better brakes.

Im quite confident in the fact that if i had twin dics it would have made no difference to the race positions i attained.....

Im well aware Kev that my 3rd overall was dude to Mike not turning up.......but if i had not been consistant all year then i would not have been in the position to gain 3rd..NO-OTHER rider could of taken 3rd unless by a miracle...

I never got a podium cos the top 3 were faster riders on far superior bikes not cos i had single disc...more like a legal bike with 51.2 bhp std front fork internals std exhast std rear shock std brakes etc etc.....i dont blame the tools cos there are faster riders than me by far in the DD..i just did what i could with what i had...............and a twin disc would amade a jot of difference to my overall placings......
Old 14-Nov-2005, 12:36
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Message original : skidlids
Quote:

+1