Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-Jul-2006, 10:28
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Rattler's quick Oulton DD report

Blimey!!!

Qualifying;
Out first, free track, learn fast, early rain, damp parts, oil down?, cement dust, push on, out-brake, too deep, get better, go quicker, lap 3, feel good, press on, run hard, getting faster, red flag, oh bugga!!!!, check times, 3rd place, front row, how come?, not sure, god knows, who cares, job done.

Race 1;
line up, get focused, stay calm, out lap, warm tyres, calm nerves, take position, watch flag, fell pressure, heart pounding, nerves shot, eyes wide, arse clenched, red lights, rev bike, weight forward, clutch bite, lights out, nail it!!, bog down, oh ****, drive hard, keep on, turn one, turn late, keep pushing, 3rd place, push hard, 2nd place, great race, laps pass, Dom gone!!!, cleared off, nice ride, (get job), get passed, 3rd place, passed again 4th place, AJ, Big Ali, Ian Leah, hard moves, fair moves, great battles, swap places, many times, no way!!, great race, brake deep, work hard, bike sliding, hang on, hang off, tuck in, breathe!!, 3rd again, push on, 2nd spot, hang on, Ian Leah, big tussle, great battle, deja vu?, castle combe, lap 5, into druids, very fast, turn hard, Ian past!!, bloody hell, no way, fair play, great pass, press hard, really hard, final lap, quickest lap, take breath, dig deep, really push, Ian better, fastest lap, final lap, - breathe again - open eyes!! , 3rd place, so happy, very happy, very tired, first podium, drink tea!!!

Race 2;
Red Bull, sugar free?, on diet, thanks Karen, get focused, deep breaths, line up, get tense, control nerves, stay calm, out lap, think hard, another podium?, big effort, very possible, line up, get ready, look back, bloody hell, many bikes, focused riders, aggressive riders, want blood, mind set, look forward, not back, spot on, lights out, poor start, must practice, turn one, turn late, good advice, thanks JPM, thanks Lily, exit 3rd, lap one, flat out, tyres loose, so what, no time, push hard, Andy johnson, in second, he's fast, very aggressive, riding hurt, adrenaline fueled, fair play, much respect, at hairpin, get past, into second, hold second, see Dom, in front, small dot, he's gone, great ride, push on, catch Dom?, no way, too fast, - at lodge, back to 3rd, no way, battle Andy, many times, get past, get passed, hard moves, both parties, fair moves, loving it, really close, best racing, last lap, very close, take breath, into chicane, late brakes, drive early, slide rear, many wheels, many arms, a blur, hit lodge, protect line, hang on, tuck in, close eyes, see flag, cross line, 2nd place, bugga me, 2nd place, so happy, 2nd place, breathe out, open eyes!!!

Summary;
My best race meeting ever.
Thanks to so many people, Phil for lending me his 620 for practice, Nelly for fixing my bike (which nearly didn't make it), Couch, Lucy and Mr Couch for bringing the bike to Oulton, the great Fordie for his paddock skills and trackside support, Phil and Kelly for their constant support, encouragement and help, Weeksy, TP, thanks guys. Chass for his tea and for looking after Karen. And special thanks to Karen and Harry for being there.

Thanks to Ali, Andy and Ian for some great close racing, I'm learning lots from you lot. Dom - you missed a great race out there - where were you?

Congrats to Dom And Phil for doing the double - great racing.

That's enough of being sycophantic - I might make myself sick.

Tim
Old 09-Jul-2006, 10:45
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
told you at CC Tim there would be other races- well done!! top work
Old 09-Jul-2006, 11:21
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Well done Tim, great rides & a great report

Old 09-Jul-2006, 11:36
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
What Dom said, I was really impressed with your riding this weekend Tim.

Congratulations on a 3rd and a 2nd! Only one spot to go now!

Of course I know you understand that if I was racing yesterday you would have had a 4th and a 3rd

Old 09-Jul-2006, 11:47
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Excellent stuff, really happy for you Keep it up for Donington!
Old 09-Jul-2006, 11:48
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Great results mate, you wanna disconnect the power commander more often
Old 09-Jul-2006, 12:07
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Very chuffed for you Tim. Fantastic rides, loads of ballsy moves on Ian & Andy, and you did me twice into Shell Hairpin in perfect BSB style, outside of cascades to the inside of the hairpin. It was great fun to sit at the back of the pack and watch, but I was sure you & Andy were going to take each other out into the second chicane.....every lap!

Well done, but feel free to relax now you've got some silverware! Last thing we need is more bloody competition.....

Cheers,

Ali
Old 09-Jul-2006, 12:38
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Thanks guys and Grib - really happy with the meeting, but I did want to get under 2 mins though - missed out by 4 hundredths of a sec!!! - onward and upwards!!!
Old 09-Jul-2006, 12:43
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Great stuff Tim, by the way were do I send the bill.lol
Old 09-Jul-2006, 13:11
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
well done Tim it was real finger chewing stuff watching that chicane at the bottom