Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 18-Oct-2006, 18:27
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Phew took the dog out for a walk, bad move

Yes meeting still on, still 18th November. Claire (Lily) is hopefully giving me a call to sort out whether she will chair as she sounds like somebody you folks see as "neutral" in all of this.

I've sent the info to Ian for next Pronto and still plan to sort the venue to be as central to those attending as possible. It may end up being Postcombe, who knows ? They do have the facilities for us to meet there.

It would be great if we could just park it for now, the whole idea of having the meeting is to give us all a chance to wind things back a bit here and talk things through face to face.

Nothing to hide but if we all put up our suggestions peacemeal we'll just be going back to the same old problem.

So can we agree that with a meeting planned we take a breather ? There isn't any panic, we have time to resolve all the issues well before next season starts.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 18-Oct-2006, 20:58
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
like what your saying Antoine good effort to move us all forward and i like the plan.

hope to see you all at a productive meeting. i still would like to see agenda set and published bfore the meeting to stop us getting boged down
Old 18-Oct-2006, 21:42
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Hello folks, been a busy day at work for me (oh and 3 hours on the bike commuting )

Subject to the date being ok I am happy to chair the meeting if requested.

I have just spent 2 hours typing a 4 page message to PJ with my suggestions for organising and running the meeting. I think as Paul made the original suggestion it is worth him having an opportunity to consider my points, the main one being that this meeting should be run by an impartial individual or group.

My hope is that some of my suggestions make sense (even if typed badly) and the meeting goes ahead.

It is hard to please everyone in terms of how the meeting is organised, how it is run and what topics are covered. Withouth dragging the timescales out and letting the stressing continue on the forum I have suggested an approach that I have seen work under similar (if anything could match up to this) conditions in the hope that if it is adopted people will see the benefits and can propose modifications that could be adopted if it's feasible in the timescales.

For those that don't really know me....

I am a DSC member and have been for about 3 years I think
I ride a Ducati
I love bike racing
I raced a ducati last year (badly) but not in DD
I attend lots of club races organised by different clubs in different locations and have many friends that race in these series
I have attended a couple of DD rounds where possible
I have friends that race in DD but I am not actively involved.
I have (and still would like to) considered racing in DD but if I do it is unlikley it will be in 2007
I believe the DSC is going through a rought patch, but it's nothing that cannot be improved if we get it right

I could tell you all about my real job, but don't want to send you to sleep
Old 18-Oct-2006, 21:56
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dseered
Nice one Burd, wanna share the drive ?

nah, you smell :P

oh, well ok, maybe, guess as you know even less about what is going on than I do you could not be seen to be influencing me....

However have to see if folks want me to do it and if the dates are ok.
Old 18-Oct-2006, 22:15
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily
Hello folks, been a busy day at work for me (oh and 3 hours on the bike commuting )

Subject to the date being ok I am happy to chair the meeting if requested.

I have just spent 2 hours typing a 4 page message to PJ with my suggestions for organising and running the meeting. I think as Paul made the original suggestion it is worth him having an opportunity to consider my points, the main one being that this meeting should be run by an impartial individual or group.

My hope is that some of my suggestions make sense (even if typed badly) and the meeting goes ahead.

It is hard to please everyone in terms of how the meeting is organised, how it is run and what topics are covered. Withouth dragging the timescales out and letting the stressing continue on the forum I have suggested an approach that I have seen work under similar (if anything could match up to this) conditions in the hope that if it is adopted people will see the benefits and can propose modifications that could be adopted if it's feasible in the timescales.

For those that don't really know me....

I am a DSC member and have been for about 3 years I think
I ride a Ducati
I love bike racing
I raced a ducati last year (badly) but not in DD
I attend lots of club races organised by different clubs in different locations and have many friends that race in these series
I have attended a couple of DD rounds where possible
I have friends that race in DD but I am not actively involved.
I have (and still would like to) considered racing in DD but if I do it is unlikley it will be in 2007
I believe the DSC is going through a rought patch, but it's nothing that cannot be improved if we get it right

I could tell you all about my real job, but don't want to send you to sleep

Got your email thanks Claire. Bit lengthy to reply by a return mail probably best if I give you a call as you suggested. Maybe one person chairs the meeting and one takes the minutes, probably need to have great shorthand skills to keep up though ? How does that sound ?

Date wise we have pretty well fixed it at 18th November so it can go out in Pronto and give everyone a chance to attend who has an interest. We seriously want to listen to everyone who has a view don't we.

We have some new riders for 2007 already signed up so hopefully they will come along, would be good if they did then they could meet up with some of you old hands.

We can all work together to make this the turning point for DSC from the current problems if we approach it with open minds from all sides. I'm actually looking forward to it (my doctor has said that my medication needs reviewing though )

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.