Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 30-Sep-2006, 08:29
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Thumbs up

Just a bit of general info from the draft rules that applies to entry eligibilty and may clarify here. Early registration will obviously help in the negotiations with New Era so you just have to consider how committed to riding in the 2007 championship you are at this stage. Some have done this already before we've even finished the 2006 series so I guess they've made their minds up and given the club a vote of confidence to run the series again next year:

Membership criteria

All entrants must be fully paid up members (not associate members) of the Ducati Sporting Club, prior to 31st December 2006 and maintain that full membership for the duration of the series.

Entry cut off date (basically the cut off date for registration, beyond which late entries need to be ratified by the RC):

Discretion may be shown by the committee towards entrants who do not meet all of these criteria, but who are entering in the spirit of the series. This is to include those applying to join the series after the 1st of January 2007; such applications to be reviewed and ratified by the Race Committee at the earliest opportunity.

Once the draft rules have been agreed they can be put up on site here for anyone who may wish to enter next year to read.

In the interim feel free to request a copy of the draft rules if you haven't already received them.

An email to desmodue@ducatisportingclub.com will do the trick

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 30-Sep-2006, 08:48
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
Just a bit of general info from the draft rules that applies to entry eligibilty and may clarify here. Early registration will obviously help in the negotiations with New Era so you just have to consider how committed to riding in the 2007 championship you are at this stage. Some have done this already before we've even finished the 2006 series so I guess they've made their minds up and given the club a vote of confidence to run the series again next year:

Membership criteria

All entrants must be fully paid up members (not associate members) of the Ducati Sporting Club, prior to 31st December 2006 and maintain that full membership for the duration of the series.

Entry cut off date (basically the cut off date for registration, beyond which late entries need to be ratified by the RC):

Discretion may be shown by the committee towards entrants who do not meet all of these criteria, but who are entering in the spirit of the series. This is to include those applying to join the series after the 1st of January 2007; such applications to be reviewed and ratified by the Race Committee at the earliest opportunity.

Once the draft rules have been agreed they can be put up on site here for anyone who may wish to enter next year to read.

In the interim feel free to request a copy of the draft rules if you haven't already received them.

An email to desmodue@ducatisportingclub.com will do the trick

I fully understand the reasons why its best for those who know they will be competing next year to sign up as early as possible. But we are a full 6 months away from the new season starting and there seems to be some confusion as to the terms surrounding the deposit cheque situation.

Although some of these have been covered here, I think a definitive statement to all existing riders via email (the correct channel) would claify the situation for all.

Tim
Old 30-Sep-2006, 09:06
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Good idea Tim, will do !!!!

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 30-Sep-2006, 12:17
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
I fully understand the reasons why its best for those who know they will be competing next year to sign up as early as possible. But we are a full 6 months away from the new season starting and there seems to be some confusion as to the terms surrounding the deposit cheque situation.

Although some of these have been covered here, I think a definitive statement to all existing riders via email (the correct channel) would claify the situation for all.

Tim

What he said ^^^^^
Old 30-Sep-2006, 16:16
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

This does of course also raise another question regarding what we actually want from New Era............................................

Are we looking to need separate grids or a combined grid for both classes ? It obviously makes a significant difference to the amount of track time we need allocated at the race meetings.

New Era will want to know this fairly early in the discussion process as they need to know who they can accomodate at their meetings.

Not suggesting that it's going to be easy but we do have to consider it and early commitment to race next year gives us the best negotiating position.

Old 30-Sep-2006, 17:03
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Maybe asking people to sent a letter of intent, without a cheque would have been a better idea then???

Dunno the answer really.
Old 01-Oct-2006, 08:39
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
I'd like to be able to commit to the full series next year, but as yet I have too many things to iron out before I can do that.

I'm hoping that it won't be too long before I'm aware what my options are (mainly financial to be honest).

With regard to the grid situation next year, I'd hate to be mixed in with Hornets and the suchlike. I'd much rather have a full grid of Ducatis. Obviously if there are enough 583's to warrant their own grid, but not enough 620's, then I understand that decision, but I think it would detract from the spectacle somewhat.
Old 01-Oct-2006, 09:31
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
I'd like to be able to commit to the full series next year, but as yet I have too many things to iron out before I can do that.

I'm hoping that it won't be too long before I'm aware what my options are (mainly financial to be honest).

With regard to the grid situation next year, I'd hate to be mixed in with Hornets and the suchlike. I'd much rather have a full grid of Ducatis. Obviously if there are enough 583's to warrant their own grid, but not enough 620's, then I understand that decision, but I think it would detract from the spectacle somewhat.

Fair comment and something that we fully understand, it isn't going to be easy to sort out to suit everybody but at least we are doing what we can.

Mixed 583/620 grids seem to have been accepted now as something we can't do much about until enough sign up for us to have two grids for our races. That effectively doubles the amount of track time needed at the race meeting which all has a cost to New Era that they have to cover by selling us grid spaces.

It will be interesting to see if interest is generated by the FB article, at long last a magazine feature, 5 full pages, with ACTUAL contact details for the club and an explanation that the series is run by DSC. The Assen article was great but not a single mention of that, in fact it looked more like DD was part of the Dutch clubs regular race programme.

Bottom line, it will be up to the riders to commit to the 2007 season ASAP to give us the best negotiating position. Its a numbers game, simple as that in the final analysis. So please all give it some serious thought and try to sign up as soon as you feel that DD is the series for you in 2007.

Old 01-Oct-2006, 10:24
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
I'd hate to be mixed in with Hornets and the suchlike. I'd much rather have a full grid of Ducatis.

I respect your position Otei but from where I stand I'd be happy to be mixed in with the CB's as happened last year at Cadwell. If we get a situation when we are not able to field two grids but have more than would fit on one grid then someone will miss out on their race or have to commit to being a reserve.

Perhaps if we give the MT and New Era the option of mixing us in with another series we could all get a race.

Personally I really enjoyed watching our 620 brothers and sisters and gave me the opportunity to show my support for the series; another point is that this would also give those riders that want to ride in both classes the chance to do so.

Murray Mint
Old 01-Oct-2006, 12:37
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Simple situation, those that commit late to the series for 2007 are the reserves should the inevitable happen that we are all on one grid.
That way people like Murray who have done the whole season and shown great commitment get to race, Those that dither obviously are not that commited.
Stand by for a flaming....LOL
Glyn