Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 28-Jan-2005, 17:25
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
"when the flag drops, the bullshit stops "

i'll have that as mine for today.

What about:

"A rolling stone has too many chefs" ???

"A rolling stone takes too many drugs"??

Old 28-Jan-2005, 19:43
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Oh, I'm sorry - I was still waiting for someone to show me where to buy a 600ss fairing at a much cheaper price!

Here look...

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Quote:
Originally posted by DrA
"...as for comparisons a ARD Ducati fairing is £175

I know Kev says it's a further £60 for paint, and £70 for a catch tray or whatever, but thats daft.

Buy a fairing, make a tray, it's not rocket science, but it is a race bike... Under £180.

That's what I'd do, and I'm not an engineer, but I have raced, and I have chucked expensive things down the road, and I have had to replace it.

Notice Kev E, who has been racing a long time, hasn't gone out and bought a new bike, noooo... Cheap is good you see, he is not stupid!

You can argue all day about quality and price and all that stuff, but at the end of the day, if you are doing this on a budget, then you have to buy stuff that will 'do the job' and not neccessarily look a million dollars.

It's common sense over looking good expense.

As for fairings at places like Snetterton. My old duelling partner chris Firmin soon fitted a GSXR fairing to his SV650 in the Minitwins, after loosing out to Ryan Harris (I think) who had already fitted a fairing - So it will make a diff.

Although I still think that if you put the best rider on the slowest bike - He would still win.

Incidently DrA - I work bloody hard, over 60 hours a week, and take home under £250 a week as a LGV Driver, I know what hard work is, so before you have a personal dig, do some research.

If you read what I have read, I haven't once said your product is crap. I've never seen it (you could update you website of course - I know a webmaster!). Also, my comments weren't personal as I've never met you!!

Rant over

[Edited on 28-1-2005 by domskidue]

[Edited on 28-1-2005 by domskidue]
Old 28-Jan-2005, 19:46
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Oh, just thought I better ask if I'm allowed to have an opinion?
Old 28-Jan-2005, 20:43
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by domskidue

Of course, but you couldn't have missed my point by further if you'd have tried!
Old 28-Jan-2005, 20:46
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
that is part of the problem Dom we have experience on our side, but the idea of this race series was to give club members with no experience of racing a chance to try their hand in it by getting in at the shallow end. With bikes that they can afford and that aren't going to scare the living daylights out of them.
As you well know there are pleanty of obstacles in the way of going racing, for some it is money (I think you understand that one well) for others it is a lack of spare time, others its simply a lack of room to do work and for others its a short fall in technical ability.
Now the first reason I gave its not possible to buy your way out of but the other obstacles can be sorted by cash.
Hence those who decide to go racing set a budget according to their means and providing they stick to that budget and make it to the grid then does it really matter how they got there, providing its legal (and I know where this has not been the case).

So its great that there are a huge range of suppliers out there that can cater for all.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 20:53
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
that is part of the problem Dom we have experience on our side, but the idea of this race series was to give club members with no experience of racing a chance to try their hand in it by getting in at the shallow end. With bikes that they can afford and that aren't going to scare the living daylights out of them.
As you well know there are pleanty of obstacles in the way of going racing, for some it is money (I think you understand that one well) for others it is a lack of spare time, others its simply a lack of room to do work and for others its a short fall in technical ability.
Now the first reason I gave its not possible to buy your way out of but the other obstacles can be sorted by cash.
Hence those who decide to go racing set a budget according to their means and providing they stick to that budget and make it to the grid then does it really matter how they got there, providing its legal (and I know where this has not been the case).

So its great that there are a huge range of suppliers out there that can cater for all.

Well said Kev.

Are we done now?

Old 28-Jan-2005, 20:56
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:

I don't know why I didn't just say that in the first place!

Like I said above, I wasn't having a dig at anyone, or saying that Brancato was rubbish, just that there are other suppliers out there, so don't get suckered in to spending a fortune just coz you know no different.

Phew, took a while, but I think we finally got there
Old 28-Jan-2005, 20:57
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by domskidue

Of course, but you couldn't have missed my point by further if you'd have tried!

What was your point?

I thought you asked if someone could show you where you could buy a cheaper fairing?
Old 28-Jan-2005, 22:26
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry - I was still waiting for someone to show me where to buy a 600ss fairing at a much cheaper price!

There you go - all links to websites or telephone numbers will be gratefully accepted!
Old 28-Jan-2005, 22:59
500SD

Mood: ready to race
ive brought tony brancatos farings so whot if there dearer than thoses cheapys you can buy . ive worked extra hours and wheeled and dealed to get the money to buy them .i could fit any old crap on to my 600ss thats not a problem i chose tonys because there quilty and they fit straight on to the orignal mounts my choice. im no fast rider but im going to give it my best shot , so whot if i bin it there fiberglass there repairible if there that badly broke they cant be fixed then the rest of it whont be either so no problem throw the lot away end of job