Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Nov-2006, 08:11
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
Phone votes for tomorrows meeting???

Unfortunately I will not be able to make the meeting tomorrow, I am still not up to such a long journey. I know I will not be the only one who is unable to attend. Glyn asked about the possibility of setting up some kind of video conference which while is a nice idea wasn’t likely to happen. Can I suggest that we try to make arrangement for those not present to still be able to vote on any issues raised. Maybe this could be done by SMS and giving DSC membership number as ID all votes could be sent to a common phone number for ease of counting, or maybe a yes number and a no number. I know it’s a bit late in the day but it would be nice to try to do something, we can’t be looking at a large number of phone votes to count.

Mike
Old 17-Nov-2006, 08:23
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Mike, is it the journey or the driving that you're not up to?
If you're happy being a passenger, I can pick you up.

Sorry, no ideas on the voting other than to trust that the attendees will have a fair cross-section of votes.
Old 17-Nov-2006, 08:24
Big Twin

Mood: Waiting for the change (Not the menopause)
Good call Mike, the more membership that get a say the better.
Old 17-Nov-2006, 08:33
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
Thanks Nick but it's the distance, 10 miles into town is pushing it at the moment.
I just thought the more people involved the less chance of a load of complaints after, lets face it I think we will only get one shot at this before a lot of people walk away from it.

Mike
Old 17-Nov-2006, 09:08
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
My take is that there should NOT be any voting or decisions made tommorow.

'First seek to understand, then seek to be understood'

Questions - Answers - Discussions - Suggestions.

Compact this meetings outputs in to one useable document that can they be sent to all registered DD participants, current and future to vote on and then a fixed DD 2007 process can be put in place.

As can clearly be seen, DD will never please all the people.....etc....

To much consultation leads to no action, to little leads to unhappy riders. Forgive the comparison but...WSB and MotoGP do very little consultation with riders and teams, they just put on a good framework to ply your trade within. Your either in or out, I guess....

I hope the objective of tommorow is to meet in the middle and move on to an even more enjoyable and succesfull 2007.

IMHO
Old 17-Nov-2006, 09:19
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood

Compact this meetings outputs in to one useable document that can they be sent to all registered DD participants, current and future to vote on and then a fixed DD 2007 process can be put in place.

To much consultation leads to no action, to little leads to unhappy riders. Forgive the comparison but...WSB and MotoGP do very little consultation with riders and teams, they just put on a good framework to ply your trade within. Your either in or out, I guess....

I hope the objective of tommorow is to meet in the middle and move on to an even more enjoyable and succesfull 2007.

IMHO
Chris,

You have it absolutely right mate. This meeting is to discuss, consult or what ever you want to call it the experience gained over the 2006 series and look at positive improvements going forward.

The product of the meeting can be taken forward and incorporated into the rules, processes, procedures, etc that the series will be run under in 2007.

The adoption of these changes/ammendments is a matter for the riders who have registered for the 2007 series by close of applications on 31/12/06. It should not be decided by people who may not be racing next year, but who have this year, that would not be fair.

So no there will be no need for phone votes.
Old 17-Nov-2006, 09:22
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood

IMHO

After reading my email last night,i'm not sure if this meeting is worth going for me!!!
there was so much stuff on there, i didnt think i was joining motogp....

there was only one bit that i didnt think was right!!where certain people are not getting information by email for assen and other stuff..which is well out of order!!

all i want to know is, how many meeting for 2007,what tracks..and the dates...I really dont care about the rest of it!! I understand people want answer for 2006...could they do that at the start of the meeting..so i can sit in the bar and miss that part!!

Last edited by stumpy1 : 17-Nov-2006 at 09:26.
Old 17-Nov-2006, 09:50
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy1
After reading my email last night,i'm not sure if this meeting is worth going for me!!!
there was so much stuff on there, i didnt think i was joining motogp....

there was only one bit that i didnt think was right!!where certain people are not getting information by email for assen and other stuff..which is well out of order!!

all i want to know is, how many meeting for 2007,what tracks..and the dates...I really dont care about the rest of it!! I understand people want answer for 2006...could they do that at the start of the meeting..so i can sit in the bar and miss that part!!

i see your point ian...but there are things for 2007 that the DD collective are organising to improve the series.!....
Old 17-Nov-2006, 10:00
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Are we talking about Lily's e-mail containing the agenda etc?
Old 17-Nov-2006, 10:06
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
Are we talking about Lily's e-mail containing the agenda etc?

i didn't get it... lily doesn't love me