Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 17-May-2005, 10:06
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
Motorway? what's one of them then...

Maybe I need to change my sig to JohnDW too.

Work. Ahh yes, that's what I'm supposed to be doing. Thanks for the reminder
Old 18-May-2005, 21:45
Montjuic

Bloody good write up, Ive done lots of the roads talked about, on japs tho. I couldnt put my SPS through that more to the point my back wouldnt take it. It brings back why i want to end up in france theve got the lot lucky buggers.
Wosser
Old 19-May-2005, 16:15
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by wosser
Bloody good write up, Ive done lots of the roads talked about, on japs tho. I couldnt put my SPS through that more to the point my back wouldnt take it. It brings back why i want to end up in france theve got the lot lucky buggers.
Wosser

Wosser, a few simple changes, i.e. Helibars, Technosel seat and a Ducati Performance higher screen delivers almost Goldwing levels of comfort for all day riding Well if you're a wierdo like me they do, but don't detract from the riding sensation.

Total cost of changes (although the screen and seat were not new) less than £300 for the fun of riding a 996 on those roads. I have the option of taking the Multistrada, but don't which says it all.
Old 19-May-2005, 17:21
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Hmmmm - a comfortable 996 for £300, I think I need to sit on your bike and put thoughts of an ST4 on hold for a moment.
Old 30-Nov-2005, 13:25
Ducati Corse

Rick

Here is the post with the comparison between the R and the SPS with dyno charts. Hope this helps.

Sorry i gave you the wrong title to search under.
Old 30-Nov-2005, 14:18
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Ahhhh, The Mont Dore. I've been there at least three times and never seen a view. Always managed to hiss down and/or been foggy as a a very foggy place.

Still, there's a few great places to stay and dry out though.

Rgds, Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by Henners
Some other roads in this part of the world worth finding:

D920 from Espalion to Aurillac
D3 to Piom-es-Magnes
D5 to le Mont-Dore

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/773773/Ft28.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/773773/Ft18.jpg
Old 30-Nov-2005, 19:26
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
BDG - just had a look at the charts, funny how different either dyno's or bikes can be. My early sps is almost identical to the R, nice and smooth and linera, but peaks at 10450rpm and 126bhp, but trque 77lb

must try an R someday to compare with mine....
Old 30-Nov-2005, 22:23
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally posted by bradders
BDG - just had a look at the charts, funny how different either dyno's or bikes can be. My early sps is almost identical to the R, nice and smooth and linera, but peaks at 10450rpm and 126bhp, but trque 77lb

must try an R someday to compare with mine....

Very true. A man with a million times more knowledge that me (not difficult i admit before either JPM or TP comment)
told me that comparisons between different dynos are a little pointless. These charts are from the same dyno, but at different times, though seat of the pants does agree with the differences in the midrange and topend.

I've heard people get higher figures for other SPS's but the one consistency is that Ducati say the SPS produces 123bhp and it did 120 on the dyno.

Ducati qoute 135bhp for the R and that produced 132.

Both bikes are within 3 bhp of Ducati's claim.

At the time i believe Ducati qouted real world rear world figures rather than what they do now, and do the same as the Japanese and measure the figures at the crank, which allowing for drive train losses to the rear wheel can make upto 10% difference.

Of course dyno operators can use a variety of measuring methods, and this in itself can make 2 or 3% difference.
Old 03-Dec-2005, 11:25
Bevel Head

Mood: Flatulent
Excellent! I was so entertained by your tale i had to re-fill my coffee half way through and rush back for the next bits !!!

reminds me of our trip from Ayr to Catalunya via St Malo when i was on the zx7r and my mate on the RSV1000 a while back. amazing roads, particularly in spain and Andorra's such a charming place.

Nice to hear y'all had a good time and the bikes were abused in the nicest possible way. Good on ya mate and thanks for the report !
Old 03-Dec-2005, 18:25
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

Loved the write up. Me and a mate (996 and 916) did afair bit of eastern Europe (3000 miles or so in 8days) Only took magnetic tank bags so as not to spoil the aesthetic of the bikes. However, both bikes did get nicked out of the hotal car park in Delft on the last night.

i am now paranoid about where i leave my bike (now got 998R as a replacement) on any trip but particularly when i stay in European hotels. What did you do? Did you book ahead for hotels with secure garages or take your chance (whcih is what we used to do)?