Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 11-Dec-2011, 10:48
Bevel Head
Bikes: 1098s, 600ss

Brake Service

Hi all

Got a question that am sure Kev or Ghost will be able to answer. Am running the twin front discs on the race bike and really had an issue with it shuddering when braking after a couple of laps. I know the answer maybe warped discs so will check them but wanted to change the seals on the pistons and give them a good clean up and check over but it seems that Brembo will not let you buy just the seals.
I don't mind if I have to get a piston and seal kit but it seems you cannot get them. If anyone knows where you can get these or if I have to go to a dealer to get them sorted would appreciate the help.

Old 11-Dec-2011, 11:33
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Hi Dean it seems Brembo stopped selling seal kits to the public a while ago. maybe for safety/Legal reasons and not wanting to end up in court due to someone not fitting them correctly.
Not sure if its possible to return calipers to a brembo dealer such as the place at Silverstone or Neil at Bike Torque for them to be done

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 11-Dec-2011, 12:55
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Dean if they are not leaking then I would not have a problem in stripping them, then removing all the congealed crud from the nooks and crannies. The seals are square section, it is the machining of the seal groove that allows the seal to tip to have a leading edge.

Make sure the bobbins on the discs are free to turn, or do as I have done and get some new bobbins to turn the discs into fully floating.

Dave (Nog) sells them.
Old 12-Dec-2011, 13:16
Bevel Head
Bikes: 1098s, 600ss

Thanks Guys

I stripped the rear last season and it is only an o-ring that seals the two halves and had no issues with that,so think I will do as you say just clean them up and try not to wreck em( some chance with my mechanical sympathy) Ta