Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Prev   Next
Old 19-Jul-2009, 18:38
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 999 / Kawasaki Z1000

My first experience of Oulton Park

Toyed wih the idea of sticking the £159 trackday on a credit card to save embarrasing myself on race day, but after looking at the weather reports decided against it.

Went on Friday with Shane and Dom and Shane braved the rain to learn the track. Walked the track in the rain but came back none the wiser and a little worried.

Out for allcomers and DD qualifying and thought the track was amazing, treated them as my sighting session with the task of not binning the bike. In the allcomers race wasdoing well until my gear selector came off! (note to self stop letting dom tight things on the bike! lol)

In the first race was doing well, got upto 8th but just couldnt make a pass stick on skidlids and my first race in race shif meant the occasional wrong gear! Then on seeing the final lap flag deided i was going to do my fatest lap and get past skidlids and injected. into old hall corner leant the bike over, my peg and brake lever hit the floor the back end came out and painfully down i went! landed next to the bike in the barrier feeling very annoyed and very sore! my second DNF!

The bike was fixable and out for the second race, had a cracking time and finished the race in 11th place.

Thought the track and facilities were amazing, feel very tnder today but looking forward to cadwell park.

See you there. Dean