Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Feb-2005, 12:43
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
Lads,

You all have an email as APex require some extra info.

If someone is organising a 2nd 7 please keep WebbyC in the loop as having spoken to him this morning he may well be keen ...

P

Dude, I can't find that mail. Can you pop up on msn?
Old 04-Feb-2005, 20:01
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Just wanted to post a few thoughts I had today about why I possibly didn't get the best buzz from Brands GP.

1. I had new tyres on so was cautious to start.
2. I hadn't so much as glanced at a track guide so I had no idea what it would be like.
3. I hadn't started the day with the usual huge adrenalin rush, or even much sense of anticipation. It was all a bit of an afterthought to join in because I actually went along to spectate.
4. I have a goldfish mentality. If it takes more than a couple of minutes to get round a track, it takes me a good few sessions to get used to it.
5. I had a bloke from CSS following me for the first session. He then proceeded to destroy what confidence I had that day by telling me there were at least 6 things I was doing wrong. And the b@stard would only tell me one of them. I still don't know what the other 5 are and it's bugged me ever since.

So it's possible that these factors have influenced my opinion of the track overall. That doesn't mean I want to book again. Not until I know Cadwell, Donny, Silverstone and a few others that people have suggested, like the back of my hand, but one day, maybe.

And I'm up for trying the Indy track in October, as it is handy to go somewhere close. That should be fun.

[Edited on 4-2-2005 by Redruth]
Old 04-Feb-2005, 20:33
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth
5. I had a bloke from CSS following me for the first session. He then proceeded to destroy what confidence I had that day by telling me there were at least 6 things I was doing wrong. And the b@stard would only tell me one of them. I still don't know what the other 5 are and it's bugged me ever since.

Ruth, as you know I am a fan of CSS, but anyone who breaks someones confidence is an arse, I don't care who they are or what school they work at. Hope you have a better time at Brands next time you decide to visit.
Old 05-Feb-2005, 10:19
Mille

Ruth,
years ago I did a track day with mcn at brands and the css instructors were doing 3 laps with you for 25.00 and at the end giving you advice. My instructor that day who shall remain nameless said to me ' dont you think you would go quicker if you look where your going' that was all he said.
It was not untill I did level 2 that I realised I was not looking through the bend properly and at that point his apparently flippant remark made sense.
I think the instructors sometimes make comments out of a school enviroment that without andys classroom sesions apear to be flippant or confusing. the other point is that at the css they only work on one point at a time, each session is devoted to one skill, again in the school enviroment this would have been explained by andy!

on a brighter note if you were only doing 6 things wrong you are a lot better than most riders who have to be shown every seperate skill, in my case some of them repeatedly!!

dave
Old 05-Feb-2005, 14:08
Dibble

Lads, all addresses collated, Apex paid this morning ..............
Old 05-Feb-2005, 17:22
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
Lads, all addresses collated, Apex paid this morning ..............

Kev Red Leader has an address now? Wonders'll never cease!

Old 06-Feb-2005, 00:05
500SD

Mood: wobbly !!!
I know I have one to many red wines when the replies dont seem to make sense to me.
If it looks the same in the morning can you let me know where I am going wrong Loz !
K
Old 06-Feb-2005, 09:32
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Quote:
Originally posted by Red-leader
I know I have one to many red wines when the replies dont seem to make sense to me.
If it looks the same in the morning can you let me know where I am going wrong Loz !
K

Sorry, Kev, I was thinking you live in a caravan ... my mistake

(Kidding mate!)

[Edited on 6-2-2005 by Loz]
Old 06-Feb-2005, 09:46
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
2nd group?

Anybody else going want to make up a second group, I'll check with da'boss see if I can make it
Old 06-Feb-2005, 12:45
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
not for me thanks, couldnt justify the expense and so far every trcakday I have had (bar DSC cadders) its rained and I have hardly ridden! May come along to watch tho, depending on commitments