Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Feb-2005, 09:32
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

Good info Pedro. Nice to know Ducati is doing something like that. Makes customers a little more secure. Doubt they would have that here, but I can check.
Old 01-Feb-2005, 10:52
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by Bianchi

A huge proportion of bikes in this country are imports, except for Triumph.

I actually went to KJM years ago and they were re-importing new Triumphs for several thousand pounds less! That does take the preverbial
Old 01-Feb-2005, 10:52
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
You might be surprised at how much an official dealer will move on price at this time of year, it will get less as spring approaches though.

Whether you go official or parallel just be carefull about how old the "new" bike is that you are buying, it it could be a 2004 model or even older. Check out the differences on www.ducati.com

Do lots of research before rushing in, check out www.autotrader.co.uk and MCN for new and nearly new prices. You might be able to pick up a bike with loads of extras and still with some manufacturers warranty for a very good price.

I bought a Ducati from a parallel dealer, no probs, I also bought am official bike a year old, again no probs. I just looked around for the righ bike at the right price and was prepared to travel a bit to view and buy.

Ray.
Old 01-Feb-2005, 12:07
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
i bought a 900SSie parallel - no problem, and when you buy secondhand it makes no difference - they are all imports, it is the service history and ownership record that is important - why not save upto £2k on the same bike?? all parallels have to be modified to suit UK, usually headlight and speedo - i haven't heard of any power differences on ducati's for different markets?? i think other manufacturers do though.
Old 01-Feb-2005, 13:53

As a former employee of a Dutch car-im/exporter I have dealt with a lot of UK customers. Buying tax free in The Netherlands or even better Germany is still worthwhile doing.

Due to EU regulations the UK Ducati Importer is obliged to service your new bike. Same for any warranty claims...

Make sure you get the CoC and original invoice. It will also be possible to get temporary plates to drive it back home.

I would go for a model 2003/2004, I'm sure you will save a lot of money!

Try this one http://www.kalsbeekmotoren.nl and loof for the... NEW 999 (2004) + Ohlins

Need any help, feel free to ask!
Old 01-Feb-2005, 16:34
500SD
Bikes: multistrada, 748R/916

Mood: one very coool cat!
best value i have seen in UK for a 999 is a 999Bip with Ohlins for £7,995 at TAZ motorcycles advertised in last weeks MCN. how does that compare to EU prices??
Old 01-Feb-2005, 22:16
Mille

Mood: RIDING FOR THE DARK SIDE
i`ve just bought a 999 from dk in newcastle.it was my money so i got to choose where i spent it and i feel it was the right deal for me.
i`m happy with bike and it will be serviced by either main dealer or trusted people recommended on this site so i`m not worried about probs.

whatever you decide just ride and enjoy.
Old 05-Feb-2005, 21:21
500SD

Mood: Sad my Membership icon has gone:(
Imports

I am new to the DSC and this is my first post.
Back in November I purchased my first Duke after many Hondas.
I was keen to get the best deal on a 749S with loadsof extras, after going to many Ducati Dealers and parallel guys I gave my cash to Ducati Leeds despite living in Surrey as they came up with the best deal and the whole experience / service was second to none.
Old 05-Feb-2005, 22:25
Mille

Mood: Built for comfort, not speed
Bought my bike 5 years ago as an import for £4000 less than the official Ducati price. 2 months later the official price dropped to £500 above what I paid. How happy would I have been to see that much value wiped off my official bike ignoring depreciation?. Its your money, but if Ducati ever produce a good looking bike again, I would buy an import.