Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 26-Aug-2005, 16:41

Termignoni

Hey gents,

I have an '05 749 and am having a TON of trouble getting the Termignoni (there's only one model available for my bike) exhaust for my bike here in the states. I was wondering if the same is true for '05 749's in the UK, of if the Termi's over there are readily available?

Thanks for your time guys!
Old 26-Aug-2005, 16:44
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Hmmmm I'm really not sure to be honest, is it a standard 749? or an S/R Model?

I'm guessing being an 05 you'll have the later swingarm? which would give you more options I guess

What about a Leo Vinci system
Old 26-Aug-2005, 16:50
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
I reckon it won't be as hard for us to get pipes as it might be for our US members as Italy is only a few hours away in a plane, BDG will probably do a weekend run out there on his numptystrada is you asked him nicely
Old 26-Aug-2005, 16:54
Ducati Dealer
GTL

Mood: Just fallen in love with road riding again!
That kit is currently on back order at Ducati, I expect the status will change just after the end of the month when the factory goes back to full staff (but dont quote me!)

Check you dealer has actually ordered it!!! Often dealers note that the item is not on stock and hold back the order until the stock status changes to available.

The Ducati system relys on dealers ordering what they want , when enough dealers order an item (to meet minium quantities) then they get the kits from Termignoni put together, if no dealers order it, they never get ordered by the factory as they have no way of knowing that anyone wants one! hence horror stories of guys ordering parts with the dealers and waiting months and months. if you think of the amount of dealers worldwide, if they all use the system correctly then the minimum order quantity gets hit pretty soon.

Quite often we order stuff listed as not available and its there in a week.

Termi kits for the 749/999 have always been hard to get, but now the models are set to remain the same until 2007 at the earliest, they should start making the kits available- we hope!