Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 07-May-2005, 22:32
500SD

I did a car track day at CC on Friday. Mine was one of 6 cars that failed the noise test (which is the same 105 dBa @ .5m 45deg). Noise is a funny thing as my car didn't sound any louder than others that passed. But I do know that my car is quieter than any of my bikes... If you're doing a trackday before the DD round then have a backup plan to quieten it down some how.
Old 07-May-2005, 22:38
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I was talking to my mate Simon Knowlson at Silverstone today, he will be testing on the 18th at Castle Combe a place where he often tests and as he said they have there own funny way of noise testing there and anything with a race can is likely to fail, which is what I was posting a month or so ago.
So best of luck you have been warned.
Sadly it will mean Simon is unlikely to be out on his Ex Xaus DFX 748RS but will probably be the quickest guy there aboard his R1 so I hope to get the afternoon off and come along and watch.
Old 07-May-2005, 23:05
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Mark is riding our bike there, and has been bamboozled into bringing a bit of gear with him, just in case anyone really gets into noise probs (wadding etc)
However, he does say dont rely on him - as he could be late as doing zausts for customers in the workshop........

C
Old 07-May-2005, 23:18
Ducati Meccanica

It will be interesting the see what happens on the 18th.
Old 08-May-2005, 00:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
I'll be taking my 900SL with standard exhausts unless I can find a way of getting a 900 r/h exhaust on the 600. I'd rather know the track than risk having untimed practice as my first time on circuit....
Old 08-May-2005, 00:42
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

It's just a big roundabout
Old 25-Mar-2007, 22:53
DSC Club Rep
Big Twin
Bikes: 848

Resurected an old thread...ah those were the days, eh chaps? When it was all new for everyone on the grid?

Anyhow, still is new for a few of us...

questions about Castle Combe:

1) did anyone take their DD bike on one of their track days? Did it pass the noise test? Did it pass the MOT test?

2) Motorcycle Folly are running a track day there on the 23/4 - seems that they can get 4 groups out, rather than 6 . Anyone done a Folly day at CC - is it the practice day of choice for budding DDer's??

Cheers all
Old 25-Mar-2007, 23:02
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBoswell
Resurected an old thread...ah those were the days, eh chaps? When it was all new for everyone on the grid?

Anyhow, still is new for a few of us...

questions about Castle Combe:

1) did anyone take their DD bike on one of their track days? Did it pass the noise test? Did it pass the MOT test?

2) Motorcycle Folly are running a track day there on the 23/4 - seems that they can get 4 groups out, rather than 6 . Anyone done a Folly day at CC - is it the practice day of choice for budding DDer's??

Cheers all

Yeah a lot of us went. We had fil2 with his bike suspended in a tree to replace one of the fork legs. Ali tried to kill people on the straight by shooting the baffle out of the back of one of his cans

There was no MOT test, they knew we were race bikes. The noise test was MUCH stricter than it is on raceday. They tested at 3/4 revs and nearly hed the SPM shoved inside the can! My DD bike with the Leo Vince cans passed fine.

The 620's seemed to go fine and the 675's were the ones that seemed to struggle the most. I'd suggest you get your hands on some DB killers if you plan on doing a track day.
Old 25-Mar-2007, 23:09
Ducati Meccanica

Just make sure the paint sprayer does not think he's gotta 'tag' your bike on race day - My carbon cans were ruined last year and I still can't get the bloody great green streak off them on one side. - Grrr !
Old 25-Mar-2007, 23:23
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I've got a pair of DB killers you can borrow for the trackday.
You'll have to drill a couple of holes in the cans though!!1
Tim