Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-May-2006, 14:46
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
some of us might be able to afford to race then without selling the kitchen sink.....................

But what will you keep Kelly chained to?

When Kelly allows Phil to speak she tells him what she considers acceptable to be chained to.

But I'm not going there!
Old 17-May-2006, 14:46
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:
So Tim, if I get this right, you're running a 583 and a 620 to help boost the numbers?

What happens in a mixed timed qualifying, like we have had at Brands and will have at Castle Combe? Surely you can't expect your 620 time to count for 583s, so you'd have to ride the 583? This obviously would place you further back down the pack in the 620 grid *if* we were running seperate races but we're not ... so you're back to entering one class and wasting the additional entry fee for nothing!

So far we have no guarantees that there will be split grids, so maybe you've wasted money on an extra bike ... which is kind of the point that Glyn is trying to get across (I think!)

Spot on mister..
Old 17-May-2006, 22:15
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
still i think all rounds should count..reward commitment and consistancy in the series.

BOLLOX!
You're saying that because I chose to miss Assen so I could afford to finance the rest of my (UK) season, I lack commitment and consistency

Edited to add:-
Almost seems that you're advocating "buying" points, and if you can't afford it then, tough! So much for the DSC club spirit!?!

[Edited on 17-5-2006 by psychlist]
Old 18-May-2006, 13:38
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
Quote:
still i think all rounds should count..reward commitment and consistancy in the series.

BOLLOX!
You're saying that because I chose to miss Assen so I could afford to finance the rest of my (UK) season, I lack commitment and consistency

Edited to add:-
Almost seems that you're advocating "buying" points, and if you can't afford it then, tough! So much for the DSC club spirit!?!

[Edited on 17-5-2006 by psychlist]

GET A GRIP.....................

That not what im saying at all.........besides you did not have an issue with all rounds counting last year.??.....

What im saying is that all UK rounds should count....and perhaps as Kev suggested the Assen round/ guest round at say castle coombe be for prizes not points...therefore we can commit to all the uk DD point rounds and make a time financial choice on the others.....

I know exactly your commitment and constistancy in the season paul its no different to the rest of us....we all know what it takes to get out there and race...so PLEASE do me a favour with the DSC spirit insult and as for " buying " points i like you and others in the series have had to lean on small Financial assistance to keep going.............

FFS........

Old 18-May-2006, 13:50
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Yeah me too I can make flames...

Old 18-May-2006, 14:18
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Feel the love

Old 18-May-2006, 14:29
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Scooter916
Quote:
So Tim, if I get this right, you're running a 583 and a 620 to help boost the numbers?

What happens in a mixed timed qualifying, like we have had at Brands and will have at Castle Combe? Surely you can't expect your 620 time to count for 583s, so you'd have to ride the 583? This obviously would place you further back down the pack in the 620 grid *if* we were running seperate races but we're not ... so you're back to entering one class and wasting the additional entry fee for nothing!

So far we have no guarantees that there will be split grids, so maybe you've wasted money on an extra bike ... which is kind of the point that Glyn is trying to get across (I think!)

Spot on mister..

OK - I plan to race both the 583 and 620 wherever I can. If its a mixed grid for races then with my focus on 620, I will ride the 583 in SoT (if I get in).

If qualifying is shared, but with seperate races, then I'll qualify on the 620, but line up at the back of the 583 grid with no qualifying time - seems best to me.

Tim
Old 18-May-2006, 14:34
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler

OK - I plan to race both the 583 and 620 wherever I can. If its a mixed grid for races then with my focus on 620, I will ride the 583 in SoT (if I get in).

If qualifying is shared, but with seperate races, then I'll qualify on the 620, but line up at the back of the 583 grid with no qualifying time - seems best to me.

Disclaimer: I'm not being arsey, just being realistic...

If we do get mixed grids and, say, you don't get into SoT, then it's a pointless waste of a bike, surely?

As for the qualifying, I don't think (according to NE rules) that you will be allowed onto the 583 grid if you don't qualify in that class.
Old 18-May-2006, 15:02
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler

Disclaimer: I'm not being arsey, just being realistic...

If we do get mixed grids and, say, you don't get into SoT, then it's a pointless waste of a bike, surely?

As for the qualifying, I don't think (according to NE rules) that you will be allowed onto the 583 grid if you don't qualify in that class.

You have a point and a U2U!!

Tim
Old 18-May-2006, 15:10
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I think we need to look at using more clubs, and insist that if they want our £7000 that we want 10 min practice and 15 min qualifying along with FOUR 7-8 lap races.

I don't think you'll get too many turn you down.