Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Oct-2004, 22:23
Mille

FIM chips

Last week me and my mate took our ST2's to neil at Sigma for the FIM chips to be fitted. My mates seems fine but mine developed a "missing" symptom betwen 2500 and 3000 rpm.
It got so bad neil had to hook up his computer to the bike and ride off for 30 mins trying to reprogram it on the move but could not stop it (my 2002 bike has been fine for the last year I have owned it ) In the end neil had to put the original chip back in and reset the throttle position back to stock and offered a full refund (Thanks neil for working late so I could ride home) Funny thing is the bike still has a slight "missing" sympton when you ride thru the 2500 to 3000 rpm range gentley like being in traffic. If you accelerate faster you do not notice it ?
Neil was off to Malaya the next day. I'm hoping he can come up with some suggestions as to what it might be so I can have the chip back in again.
Any thoughts ??