Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 28-Jan-2005, 09:57

Just had another thought for Mr D Advocate, why not allow yourself to be chained up to one of the Brancato's work benches for the time it takes to make stuff, it might surprise you, just how long it takes to make things.

Alternatively, instead of going to your presentundoubtly resonably paid job,.....go out buy a fairing of your choise, spend time remodelling it, for no headlamp hole indicators et al.
Spend yet more time making moulds etc, make them to sell at your suggested price, how long would you last doing this for a living?.

My point is ,that ecomomy of scale applies here.

If you expect things for a certain price find them!, conpare like with like, not a thingy from something else.

If something is offered at a certain price by a manufacturer, it's usually for a good reason, not everyone is a fleecing crook.

Brancato eng is a good honest co, just ask all the people who have frequented it for the last 30 years.

Anybody can make something for little or nothing once, you simply cannot expect stuff to be there ready and waiting for you, made by some company constantly on the breadline, just to please you.

When I looked at this website for the first time yesterday, I honestly thought it would be a nice thing, now..... I think I'll same the electricity in the future.
Bye!
Old 28-Jan-2005, 10:08
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by DrA
Just had another thought for Mr D Advocate, why not allow yourself to be chained up to one of the Brancato's work benches for the time it takes to make stuff, it might surprise you, just how long it takes to make things.

Alternatively, instead of going to your presentundoubtly resonably paid job,.....go out buy a fairing of your choise, spend time remodelling it, for no headlamp hole indicators et al.
Spend yet more time making moulds etc, make them to sell at your suggested price, how long would you last doing this for a living?.

My point is ,that ecomomy of scale applies here.

If you expect things for a certain price find them!, conpare like with like, not a thingy from something else.

If something is offered at a certain price by a manufacturer, it's usually for a good reason, not everyone is a fleecing crook.

Brancato eng is a good honest co, just ask all the people who have frequented it for the last 30 years.

Anybody can make something for little or nothing once, you simply cannot expect stuff to be there ready and waiting for you, made by some company constantly on the breadline, just to please you.

When I looked at this website for the first time yesterday, I honestly thought it would be a nice thing, now..... I think I'll same the electricity in the future.
Bye!

Well ... interesting response!

I think there are some valid points made above regarding prices and you could have made yours without taking it personally and quite frankly, doing your business no good by carrying on the way you've just done.

If you'd take the time to look a little further at this website you could see that it's quite a big club with lots of people who are looking for people who will look after them. I would hazard guess to say that 70-80% of kit bought by members of this club is on recommendation from other members. We are a group of people who like a bargain, everyone does, but also appreciate the quality of a product. After all, we didn't spend a lot of money on Ducati's to put crap on them.

No-one can stop you leaving but it's pretty disappointing that you've been here for 5 seconds, seen one thing you don't like and packed up your bat and ball and gone home.

Some well respected members on here value your products and time and that goes a long way here, but if you're viewed to be petulant then it won't mean anything. Maybe you should have a think about it instead reacting emotively.

Just my 2p worth ...
Old 28-Jan-2005, 10:13
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by DrA
Bye!

I would rather you didn't save the juice as its nice to have a informed opinion on these sort of things.

And as for comparisons a ARD Ducati fairing is £175 add another £60 to have it colour coded and a futher £70 for the catch tray, that is £305 according to the prices on their website, That compares to £365 for the same parts all be it a differnt model from Brancato.

For a part that will bolt straight on with no mucking about built to a very high standard, then for a lot of people without either the time, tools or skills to mess about making things fit then the extra £60 is probably money well spent.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 10:58
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
you 'fairing' guys make me chuckle.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 11:03
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
Reasonable quality at a lower cost may have been a better option ?

Steve,

Find me a cheaper race fairing for a 600ss and I'll gladly take you up on the offer.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 11:03
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
sorry to hijack but its kind af relevant......

was interested to see the make up of the grid so far.
pretty much split down the middle monsters and supersports with just the one multistrada. will be great to see how the different bike fair on different cicuits especially on the fast snetterton race.
Old 28-Jan-2005, 11:04
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati

Not half as much as I'll laugh as your 5-grand bike does a barrel roll on the first corner
Old 28-Jan-2005, 11:13
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
Quote:

Not half as much as I'll laugh as your 5-grand bike does a barrel roll on the first corner

Very funny...............LOL.....
Old 28-Jan-2005, 11:14
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
sorry to hijack but its kind af relevant......

was interested to see the make up of the grid so far.
pretty much split down the middle monsters and supersports with just the one multistrada. will be great to see how the different bike fair on different cicuits especially on the fast snetterton race.

It will be interesting to see if the people with the extra cc's via big bores or the 620's will have the edge....
Old 28-Jan-2005, 11:18
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
It will be interesting to see if the people with the extra cc's via big bores or the 620's will have the edge....

Lets be honest, the difference the bike makes in the overall package performance is going to be a lot less than the riders ability!

All this manoeuvring etc ...

Don't get me wrong, I'll be doing the most I can for my budget, the same as anyone else but ultimately the best rider who doesn't have the most bad luck will win - simple.