Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Jun-2005, 21:59
GTL

Another exhaust question...sorry!

Hi.... Does anyone know if the termignoni cans that are supplied in the asymetric termignoni kits are model specific? I appreciate that beacuse of the 'chips' that are part of the package,Termignoni/Ducati will allocate different part numbers due to the different fueling requirements of,say 999s vs. 749 bip,but can't see a reason why the actual can is different.I'm asking because I already have a cat-free pipe for my bike but neeeed a can...thought if I could look around for 'any' 749/999 termi,I could use that. Any thoughts?
Old 15-Jun-2005, 08:21
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
The silencers for the assymetric systems are all the same , one big hole for front pipe entry , one small hole for rear pipe entry. Silencers for full systems are different , both holes are the same size and vary between 54mm and 57mm systems , you also get them in either stainless steel or titanium.

See the DP catalogue for different part numbers.
Old 15-Jun-2005, 09:46
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
I just thought of something , beware of silencers that are part of the race systems supplied with 999R's (and probably 999S's now) , although these silencers are cat free and lighter (no baffles , just a perforated tube) the exit holes are smaller than a proper race silencer , the carbon cover is also different to match the smaller exits
Old 15-Jun-2005, 17:29
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by yellowisfriedegg
I just thought of something , beware of silencers that are part of the race systems supplied with 999R's (and probably 999S's now) , although these silencers are cat free and lighter (no baffles , just a perforated tube) the exit holes are smaller than a proper race silencer , the carbon cover is also different to match the smaller exits
My '05 999S race can has the large exit holes.
Sounds fantastic!
Old 15-Jun-2005, 23:14
GTL

Thanks very much 'yellowisfriedegg'.....Thats a great help.