Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Dec-2003, 10:08
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Varnishing points?.....Help!!!!

No, not at all related to vanishing points.

I just got some transfers (or decals as our American chums call them). The application instructions tell you to protect them with clear varnish, that much was pretty obvious. BUT, the instructions say that you can't use two pack or cellulose varnish otherwise there will be a plague of frogs, locusts and pestillence that will descend upon you and...oops sorry, got a bit carried away there, actually all that happens is that the transfers shrivel and crack, not quite so dire but still not the effect you want

Apparently, you can only use a white spirit based clear coat. There are almost certainly people on this site who know some commercial names for this stuff, and could name a brand name straight away. Can anybody tell me and save me loads of hassle, otherwise I'm going to have to look at the ingredients of every tin down at Halfords or B&Q