Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Apr-2006, 09:46
GTL

REMOVING Alarm

I have a new battery ( 6 months old )yet after a day of sitting
in a warm battery it goes flat so it wont start the bike. The battery re charges ok and starts the bike again then goes flat
Could it be the alarm taking the charge? I dont need it anyway so are they easy to remove ?
Old 08-Apr-2006, 11:36
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
Sound like it could also be something else draining your power or maybe shorting out somewhere,alarms normally take at least a few days.
Ask Weeksy,he's just stripped out an alarm,dont think its too complex.
Old 08-Apr-2006, 11:53
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
I left mine on Dave. The battery on your old fella was totally buggered. Bought a new one and filled it the other week and was leaving for a few days to see if the alarm was draining it. However the alarm is fine in that context, so i guess it stays.
Old 09-Apr-2006, 08:20
GTL
Bikes: 998R, Panigale S

I've noticed that following the winter lay up my battery is also losoing charge in a period of thee to four days and it is then taking a similar period to on the optimate to get back to health.

I have had to resort to using a car battery to boost power to turn the 998 over.

Does this sound like a battery or alarm problem (Meta 357T)?
Old 09-Apr-2006, 09:11
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
First thing to do is get a ammeter and check the current drain, a good quality multimeter usually has a suitable current range.
If you measure the current draw as it is now and then again with the alarm fuses removed you should be able to see what the alarm is drawing current wise.
If there is still a current draw going on with the alarm fuses pulled then you probably have another problem and I would then try disconnecting the regulaor/rectifier wires, namewly the 4 way block connector containing the red and black wires.