Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 14-Jul-2005, 16:27

lets remake some 996r

I have 2x top clamps and plaques #0247,and#0187, If anybody wants the plaques and the parts to make genuine 996r -s I would be happy to sell the parts including possibly an engine. henners bike looks to have the wrong seat the original seat had the four vents ? henners seat looks like a plastic 998r type (ie apears to be without the carbon highlight around the taillight,I have the factory PLASTIC ,996r seat like new if he wants to keep the bike original;--breakout
My bikes dont count as (996r)s as i have replaced suspension wheels, brakes, levers, master cylinders,footpegs ,airbox ,gastanks, engines exhausts, fuelsystems, throttle bodies,swingarms ,tripleclamps, seats,axles,sprockets,fuelpumps, infact the only 996r parts i used were the frames and some of the bolts.I have almost the entire bikes for sale in little pieces,

Quote:
Originally posted by BDG
Mine came without a plaque but i have a nice letter from Ducati customer services in Bologna, dated 2001 saying here is your authentic plaque, and its a low number as well.

(could be because the bike was bought at the end of the season and the first owner was a Mr T Bayliss)
Old 14-Jul-2005, 16:57

breakout (peter boswell)

You poor ******* ,no plaque?!!!!!! you got the same name as me;---so I am obligated to sell you a couple,I changed my top clamps and bottomones for the wider spaced corse adjustable offset ones pulled the clamps and the prissy little plaques off;--you guys gotta be joking!!!the plaques are #0187,and #0247,one guy really needed a bike cover so I feltI should help him,with your name and the problem of no plaque you really need one or two of my genuine 996r plaques,---whats it worth? BREAKOUT WITH A PLAQUE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LOOK THE OTHER GUYS IN THE FACE AND EVERYBODY WILL KNOW YOU GO A GENUINE ONE (996R) I JUST GOTTA HELP YOU .PETER BOSWELL

Quote:
Originally posted by JasonBoswell
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
mine a blinged up'ish Bip ..... can i go on the list ???

so far this year I'm not in DD, dont have an R, dont have a new fangled ugly Ducati ...... so I am beginning to think I just don't fit in here any more ......

Do you think we can get some little numbered plaques made up for those with scruffy Bips wearing a few bits of ebay'd carbon?????

The list so far:

Dibble, TP, JB ....
Old 14-Jul-2005, 20:12
Ducati Corse

Update

So thats:

BDG
Smilo
Desmo996R
adam
Jon
Paul James
bungi
Rip
Henners
Ian Harris
Adam
Rattler (for the second time)
RichardF

Any more?
Old 08-Aug-2005, 12:22
Big Twin

Now then! Anyone wanna buy a Multistrada?
Old 08-Aug-2005, 12:27
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
So now with 14 996Rs in the DSC, what with the inevitable raced, stolen, lost, totalled ones, etc..., how many do we reckon are left in the UK?

Could we be close to having a third of the UK's 996Rs in the DSC?
Old 08-Aug-2005, 13:40
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by MARTIN H
Now then! Anyone wanna buy a Multistrada?

Congratulations Martin, was it the other one in the North East we spoke about?
Old 08-Aug-2005, 14:44
Big Twin

Yes the one in Newcastle. Have not told my girlfriend yet as I am trying to think of a plausible reason for me buying it instead of doing one of the bathrooms in the house! I could really do with someone buying my multistrada even though I have not advertised it. That way I could invent a straight swap scenario?!! "Look Dear its 2 years older than my multistrada, but worth the same so I did a straight swap" Do you think she will fall for it? No me neither. I kind of realise I will have to sell the MS as I cannot really justify having the both of them. Strange really that I bought the MS coz I was struggling with my size on my 996s and did not miss it at all at first but eventually started hankering after the pain of a 996 again.

I know the MS really is the better bike for my uses at the moment, but nothing is for ever and I could always change back! I have not bothered putting it up for sale as I noticed you had mentioned selling yours and then someone else posted theirs for sale. I know its only a few weeks ago at Raid the Lakes that I said to you how I loved the MS and would be keeping it! but a 996r was very high on my list of must haves before I'm too old.

I am not too bothered about the investment side of things but its kind of nice to realise that I could probably got my money back in the future as its only got 2500 miles on it and I got it for a reasonable price. I could have spent the same kind of money on a k5 or r1 and eventually take quite a big hit come trade in time?

Just scared of what the missus is going to say! Though I am selling my XJR (Jaguar not Yamaha!) to buy her something she can drive the 2 critters around in and the shopping etc while I run around in my 5 year old van so she cant say too much! Still scared though as she does not get bikes at all.
Old 08-Aug-2005, 14:57
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Stand up for yourself man!!! - what's wrong with you ?????/

Tell her you found it!!!!
Old 08-Aug-2005, 16:26
Big Twin

I have only just got rid of one black eye!
Old 08-Aug-2005, 16:36
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Martin does this mean the next run up Hartside I'm really going to have a struggle chasing you up there?

Bet you can wait to get some serious miles on her...