Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 03-Feb-2009, 12:15
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
I'm going back to a Nokia mars bar phone

The HTC is getting worse, I fire it up and bring up the touch screen to get an answerphone message as it's dialling the screen goes off, WTF I still need to use the touch screen to access the options. No amount of setting changes alter this either, you have to press the power button to get the screen back on but not too long as it may turn the device off.
It is handy getting e-mails on the move but they can wait till I'm back in the office.

Anyone recommend a simple phone that will sync with my outlook contacts and calendar ?
Old 03-Feb-2009, 12:18
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Not sure this particular corporate ****ing contest is getting Tonio any nearer a solution!

I'm sure, however, the ferocity with which you defend your master's solutions would engender warm, fuzzy feelings in their senior mgmt! Might be a good idea to submit a link to this thread as part of your 360 degree feedback.....
Old 03-Feb-2009, 12:19
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando

The HTC is getting worse, I fire it up and bring up the touch screen to get an answerphone message as it's dialling the screen goes off, WTF I still need to use the touch screen to access the options. No amount of setting changes alter this either, you have to press the power button to get the screen back on but not too long as it may turn the device off.
It is handy getting e-mails on the move but they can wait till I'm back in the office.

Anyone recommend a simple phone that will sync with my outlook contacts and calendar ?

Couch that IS a setting in the backlight options. Start -> Settings -> [System Tab on the bottom] -> Backlight -> [Battery Power tab on the bottom] -> ...

In there is a checkbox to enable a setting that says "Turn off backlight if device is not used for" and next to it is a drop down menu allowing you to set it to whatever you want.
Old 03-Feb-2009, 12:19
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando

Blackberry... consumer device connected to the BIS infrastructure
Old 03-Feb-2009, 12:20
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
That, my friend, is marketing. Not technical functionality. SSL and IPSec tunneling ARE SECURE technologies. You're talking about a Govt approvals process that WM hasn't been through. Doesn't mean it's not secure technology however.

I'm going to ask our guys what our equivalent numbers are and see what I can publish.

You can't deny my technical arguments nor what I've seen in BB to WM migrations. Of course in your role I wouldn't think that you'd publicly acknowledge that though

It might be secure but not out of the box! That's the difference
Old 03-Feb-2009, 12:20
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
Not sure this particular corporate ****ing contest is getting Tonio any nearer a solution!

I'm sure, however, the ferocity with which you defend your master's solutions would engender warm, fuzzy feelings in their senior mgmt! Might be a good idea to submit a link to this thread as part of your 360 degree feedback.....

A man's got to meet his KPI's somehow!
Old 03-Feb-2009, 12:21
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM
It might be secure but not out of the box! That's the difference

Hang on, it's not secure. .it is secure ... which is it?!

Secure! Any software needs to be setup to meet the customer requirements - it's called good consulting practice!

Old 03-Feb-2009, 12:26
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I didnt realise Tonio was setting up a glabal organisation, requiring consulatative processes in infrastructure and data management and system integration...I thought it was a one-man-band with an out-of-the-box, plug 'n' play solution?? maybe I missed that in the intial thread....

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/
Old 03-Feb-2009, 12:28
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
I didnt realise Tonio was setting up a glabal organisation, requiring consulatative processes in infrastructure and data management and system integration...I thought it was a one-man-band with an out-of-the-box, plug 'n' play solution?? maybe I missed that in the intial thread....

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/

I didn't realise you were god of threads
Old 03-Feb-2009, 13:01
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
god of many things, threads are simply a past-time

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit