Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 19-May-2006, 12:09
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
I no longer ride on the road.

I ride on the track. - Trackdays and DD racing.

I feel safer in the track environment.

IMHO.
Old 19-May-2006, 13:56
Mille

Mood: One day I'll be allowed out to play......
Out for a 'pootle' on sunday afternoon and was overtaken as I was overtaking a row of cars (so not too clever to start with) by a GSXR1000, brand new 06. (fookin fast bike, compared to my little 916)

Not too much of a problem down this straight, accelerated and struggled to get close until the corner........

......he was all over the place....over braked, wobble, wobble, through the corner with one of the strangest lines ever (except for following Fordie).....powers off down the next straight.

Plonker - massively slowing me down in the corners and burns away on the straights, so I wait a few corners for him to repeat this whole scene time and time again, then decide to overtake him, around the outside on a wide open corner - good visibility......

I may have pi**ed him off a little, as he blows past me at the end of the straight just before the next corner, throws out the anchors and practically stops mid-corner, wobble, tip, accelerate, brake, tip again, powwwwwwwwers off and nearly high-sides into a field.

I'll give him about 2 weeks.

I was out for a ride at a comfortable pace (so that's about 40mph slower than the BHCN 'Road Race' series) and upped the speed as another bike came in to view. The fact the GSXR1000 rider couldn't corner or didn't know his bike is asking for trouble, but me overtaking him contributed to what could have been a 'big event' in the chaps life.

Spring has definately sprung - just wait until we have a few days good weather, then we really will be into the 'silly season'

(this dictation software is brilliant - no more typing, just jibberish)
Old 19-May-2006, 18:42
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Weevee

That is one of the best and sensible posts I've ever seen on here....

Hooley

In a car I have fun through the corners but keep rigidly to the speed limits on straights and therefore suffer as you did there. My way of dealing with car drivers ( and some bikes ) who do the above is to pull over and stop. Let them go past, wait a while and then carry on as before.You will catch them up again after a few miles and have to repeat the procedure again but I think it's safer than mixing it with these idiots who by riding / driving as they do could kill you if you try and pass them. ( It's not an issue with me on bikes because even cyclists pass me )

Phil

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit