Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 08-Apr-2006, 09:44
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
Touching up chips in carbon fibre

How do I best disguise stone chips and little scuffs on the carbon bits on my bike?
Varnish touch up spots?, and how would I blend them in?, some sort of laquer T-cut?
Old 08-Apr-2006, 10:37
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Will you be at St Mary's Loch tomorrow Dave?? i'll try and bring some 2 pack epoxy resin which i use for repairing carbon fibre racing dinghies. mix it up, carefully fill chip and sand down with 2000 grade wet and dry then polish back in. did my hugger on the 999 and succesfully repaired carbon fibre mudguards using it and carbon mat.
Old 08-Apr-2006, 10:51
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Gizmo - you up there for a ride? Coooo...I might turn up then. I'm out with the Hartside lads up carter bar way but, I might have a change of plans and detour over to the cafe there if you are going to be there....wot sort of time?

I fancy a good hoon on my 800.
Old 08-Apr-2006, 11:33
500SD

Mood: I can live with backpain!
I'm planning to be there Gizmo,theres no quick way for me to get there so the 11am meeting time might be a struggle,I'll see how early I can make a start though.
It'll be good to blow out the winter cobwebs on my now free breathing S2R.
Old 08-Apr-2006, 11:56
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by twpd
Gizmo - you up there for a ride? Coooo...I might turn up then. I'm out with the Hartside lads up carter bar way but, I might have a change of plans and detour over to the cafe there if you are going to be there....wot sort of time?

yeah, we (me and Dseered) should be , we're tagging on to a Scottish Ducati rideout I think its going to be about 11 - 11.30 when we get there, check this thread on upnorth out to see whats going on as its not fully sorted yet.

might head up to Peebles but we'll see what weathers like.
Old 08-Apr-2006, 11:58
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave G
I'm planning to be there Gizmo,theres no quick way for me to get there so the 11am meeting time might be a struggle,I'll see how early I can make a start though.
It'll be good to blow out the winter cobwebs on my now free breathing S2R.

i'll try and get a couple of small containers which will be enough for small chips, if you don't make it will give to Scottch who might be able to pass on to Martin at Duc Glasgow, pick it up next time you are there.
Old 08-Apr-2006, 12:01
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
Quote:

yeah, we (me and Dseered) should be , we're tagging on to a Scottish Ducati rideout I think its going to be about 11 - 11.30 when we get there, check this thread on upnorth out to see whats going on as its not fully sorted yet.

Righto. I shall keep an eye on the weather atm as it's a bit variable and there's a chance of snow on the higher grounds. I'll u2u my mobile. I'll be on a silver 800ss.
Old 08-Apr-2006, 13:36
Big Twin

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
Quote:

Righto. I shall keep an eye on the weather atm as it's a bit variable and there's a chance of snow on the higher grounds. I'll u2u my mobile. I'll be on a silver 800ss.

we've got snow now, top of Hartside, pennines. I'll be on the multi with the missus.