Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 08-Jun-2005, 15:27
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by everton
Skyline GT-R, yes mate seriously ferking quick.

Having worked a lot over the years in Japan it always amused me that you could buy such a quick car for a country where it was hard to get above 30mph.

My mate blagged a test drive once in Tokyo and never got about 60

Yeah, it is amazing how many tricked out cars they have considering the congestion. I don't think i'd want to test drive any vehicle in Tokyo

In the cities its not easy but once you get outside them theres some well quick roads with no traffic. Did a trip up to Arai mountain from Osaka and I don't think we dropped below 100 most of time, suped up Type R Honda, radar detector fitted, stunning views of South China Sea, memorable. the run back into Osaka at night was like playing Gran Turismo.
Old 08-Jun-2005, 15:32
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Ahhhh...that explains a lot. Just did a quick Google search and found out that lots of people tune these things up to anywhere between 500-650 bhp....for the road

Track day specced cars? They're talking 800+ bhp

And as for the drag racers....

[Edited on 8-6-2005 by Jools]
Old 08-Jun-2005, 15:37
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I know there is a 650bhp version lurking the roads of Oxfordshire and if rumours are to be believed there is also a 1000bhp one about, I have only come across the lesser of the two.
Old 08-Jun-2005, 15:47
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Jools

And as for the drag racers....

dont even start talking to AK about that Jools

err, actually: anyone want an engine? 488cubic inch, over 800bhp... just sitting about

Al is enjoying playing with the little DD bike engine, and not getting the other into the car - so it does need to go sometime
Old 08-Jun-2005, 17:02
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Obviously you have never experienced the acceleration of a tuned NSU Quickly Jools!
Old 08-Jun-2005, 17:18
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Steve Burns of silly turbo GSX1250 in a Spondon frame fame in Manchester had a Cosworth engine in a Transit van which used to suprise lots of people
Old 08-Jun-2005, 20:05
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

The Nissan is not only quick but everything is controlled by computer. It is very hard to loose control in one of these things.
Clarkson hated it, said it was too easy to drive fast.

* There is an unmarked WRX Sub in Lancashire, so be careful which tricked cars you try to overtake.
Old 08-Jun-2005, 21:03
Mille

Mood: One day I'll be allowed out to play......
Very, very quick car - used to own a 328 bhp Scooby-doo WRX STi, and the Skyline R34 is the next level up - once p1ssed all over my car on a silverstone trackday, disappeared into the distance with suprising ease.

Active-yaw control is the most impressive bit, had everything and the kitchen sink thrown at it with regards technology. Amazingly easy to drive as well. - just look a little bit poo. Like a Cortina on steriods.

Jas
Old 08-Jun-2005, 21:16
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
I ended up next to one in the queue for the lights at the Winchester end of the A34. Wound the passenger window down and gestured politely to get the drivers attention. "Are these as good as the comics say?" I asked the gent. The grin and smile said it all. Top tools..............
Old 08-Jun-2005, 22:08
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
I hate cars that think they can race me. I always drop back about 10 yards, make sure they can see me in their rear view, maintain my acceleration to match theirs ... and wait for the traffic. There's no doubt that certain cars can beat my bike in certain circumstances ... it's in traffic they're stuffed.

... and when we hit traffic, I just pull up alongside, give 'em a little wave, and zoom ahead.

Childish but satisfying nonetheless.

Competitive, moi

[Edited on 8-6-2005 by Redruth]

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit