Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 30-Jul-2005, 23:59
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Keepin it clean

I'd just like to say how great it is that the board is now more focussed on Ducati stuff. In general I've felt the board has been going downhill recently, not enough technical stuff and too much horseplay. It's great now. Better than before.

Ali
Old 31-Jul-2005, 00:11
Ducati Corse

Yeah Ali you're right ... too many sites have gone over to the gratuitous lowest common denominator type of dribble, we're different here and proud
Old 31-Jul-2005, 00:49
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
How about posts like this then, some nice pics posted by the Webteam, Ian etc

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm...3419#pid114600

This one includes a Ducati so is it more acceptable

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm...9&pid=114 612
Old 31-Jul-2005, 00:57
Ducati Corse

Not quite in Dibble's league though Kev are they? Plus you have to click on a link, they don't just hit you as soon as you open the thread which many folk find a problem especially at work. Hope you're feeling better. H
Old 31-Jul-2005, 01:13
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
im with you kev as it was a point i made in a previous thread thats now been deleted, the fuss was only down to the fact it was dibble and the way it came up on screen. i dont have that problem as i can only put photos on as a link, everyones happy then but we'll have nothing to talk about
Old 31-Jul-2005, 01:33
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quite right Henners you do have to click on a link, but then to view Dibble's you have to open the topic. As I am well aware of what will probably be in some of his posts aided by the subject title and the section they are in then I find them easy to ignore not only when at work but also alot of the time.
If I've had a bit of a 54itty day I will some times check them out but the "Foaaar for the boys" section on the ninja owners site is far more impressive in that department.

So is it Links are OK but not pics, or NO Pics and NO Links just so we are clear on this,
also a few Avatars and signatures may have to be removed/replaced.
Old 31-Jul-2005, 02:20
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Ali

I am a relative newcomer to the site and have enjoyed the balance of humour, differing opinions and technical discussions.

Ali - I am surprised that you think this site has '' gone downhill ''

Who posted items previously?

Civil servants cocooned from the real world and Guardian readers?

[Edited on 31-7-2005 by philthy]
Old 31-Jul-2005, 10:35
Ducati Corse

Kev - I also said they were not quite in Dibble's league in terms of salaciousness. He overstepped what is deemed acceptable on this website and as a result the situation has been clarified:

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm....php?tid=22559

A fully explanation of the Webteam's position was sent to Dibble by U2U and he is free to post it on the messageboard for all to see if he wishes.

Philthy - 1984 was about state intervention in every aspect of the population's daily life. Are you really saying that DSC is trying to do that or do you have another argument to offer?
Old 31-Jul-2005, 11:16
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by Henners
Kev - I also said they were not quite in Dibble's league in terms of salaciousness. He overstepped what is deemed acceptable on this website and as a result the situation has been clarified:

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/xm....php?tid=22559

So no picture of this type is acceptable here then?? No grid girls, brolly dolly or NEC show girls, guess thats quite an easy clarification to administer.

I didn't get involved in Dibbles post as the outcome looked like it was rather easy to resolve and the majority voting or commenting had no problem with that, a simple link instead of loaded url and maybe an adult content thread icon would have sufficied, instead we now have the moral values of the minority imposed on the site, 1984 maybe not but hardly 2005 either.

Despite what certain people may think you can't remove the sex/motorbike thing, its part of "normal" life ( maybe not your normal ) which you can't just censor out in a public forum with a broad viewing base, thats up to you to do as an individual. Its the same as not buying FHM, Zoo or the Sun. You wouldn't ask Smiths to remove them from the shelves just in case you mistakenly opened one would you?

Personally I find censorship far more offensive than any image Dibble has ever posted.

Time to go riding I think......
Old 31-Jul-2005, 11:21
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Well why you're all getting morally outraged please don't give any thought to the people who use this website from work and have products such as websense that report this sort of content. Especially when it's in someone's avatar that is any thread.

Do you consider your freedom to post whatever you like to be more important than allowing people to browse the DSC during working hours without the threat of dismissal?

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit