Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 26-Oct-2005, 12:35
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Quote:
You can't beet a good day's shooting or fly fishing

I prefer going hunting with a falcon or hawk at least the game has a sporting chance, once saw some beaters catching phesants at the base of a large wall at the end of a drive and throwing them over for the guns.... Hardly what i would call sport.
Old 26-Oct-2005, 18:46
Mille

done clays and now do air guns, the way things are going we will all be on the air guns soon, have fun when you still can, ps don't get court speeding or dangers driving.
Old 26-Oct-2005, 21:20
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Quote:
Originally posted by Bionicle
Quote:
You can't beet a good day's shooting or fly fishing

I prefer going hunting with a falcon or hawk at least the game has a sporting chance, once saw some beaters catching phesants at the base of a large wall at the end of a drive and throwing them over for the guns.... Hardly what i would call sport.

I would not raze my gun to a bird presented in an unsporting manor or any of the guns I shoot with. I am lucky to be invited to a shoot every year organized by a very dedicated game keeper. I have been shooting for to long to arrive at a turkey hunt but Shoots as you describe do exist.

[Edited on 26-10-2005 by ericthered40]
Old 27-Oct-2005, 00:08
Ducati Corse

I've only ever shot clays, i'd never shoot a living thing.

The 686 was the best gun for me, it just pointed so well and fitted me perfectly although i owned a 28 inch Lanber which went bang when i pulled the trigger but thats about it!!

Havent shot for ages now, £5 a round at Sealand Shooting School is quite a lot of money.
Old 27-Oct-2005, 10:40

just got myself a new Kemen-i shoot olympic trap with it-more than impressed with it,however, i will probably go to italy and get a custom stock made over the winter to get me ready for the competions next year.

also have a beretta silver pigeon 3- used for sporting clays and a bit of game shooting-i have 5 days drivin pheasant shooting coming up over the next few months-cant wait!!

oh and a daystate harrier air rifle!!
Old 27-Oct-2005, 11:10
Ducati Corse

Never tried olympic trap, looks far too fast for me! Sealand was one of the few places set up for it as well. I used to be quite good at English Skeet.
Old 27-Oct-2005, 11:32
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
what do you guys prefer 12 or 20 bores ??? i prefer 20 myself for clays and driven game- not that i do much shotgun shooting these days but enjoy it when i do manage to wangle an invite to the odd cock shoot or evening duck flight- i have a ugartchea 20 s/s b/l n/e that i bought when i was 12 years old am now 43!!!

ha ha **** read male pheasant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 27-10-2005 by monstermob 998]
Old 27-Oct-2005, 12:16

Quote:
Originally posted by rockhopper
Never tried olympic trap, looks far too fast for me! Sealand was one of the few places set up for it as well. I used to be quite good at English Skeet.

too fast! not at all its great shooting, i've just started back after many years out of the scene and i had the privilage of representing my country at international level this year-but i really dont want to add up how much i,ve spent on practice and competition getting myself to a decent standard lol!!

you should give it a go!!

I've only tried skeet a few times in the past but the bulk of my shooting has been all trap diciplines like dtl, abt and the ot!! i was over in france there and its mostly universal trench shot there!!

[Edited on 27-10-2005 by mab]
Old 27-Oct-2005, 12:52
Big Twin

Mood: I've just ordered a new bike and its a ..
What about 16 bore ??

They used to call it a ladies gun but sweet nevertheless.
Old 27-Oct-2005, 13:11
Ducati Corse

I struggled with DTL so Olympic trap was just way too much!

I've only ever shot 12 bore so cannot comment really. I don't know anyone who shoots clays with a 20 bore. Can't imagine it would be very easy!

Now things have settled down a bit with my house move move i might get back into it again. I always fancied one of those multi coloured Berettas. Can't remember if it was a 686E though.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit