Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 12-Dec-2005, 11:39
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
I voted that I would like to see some changes..... as the site does need a bit of a change really. It is used mainly as a message board/forum but there could be a lot of "value" on the other more static pages.

I think Frank (iconic) did some work on the old message board trawling through the archives for the techie info.

The reality is that there are never enough hours in the day to do what we want, we could do with somebody employed full time on DSC work, - which is why your club needs you! Which reminds me, - TopiToo I need you to do something, I will send you a U2U.

Old 12-Dec-2005, 13:04
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Hello

Ian U2U sent

regards

TopiToo
Old 12-Dec-2005, 13:27
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I feel so guilty

I originally offered to trawl some of the tech archive and and I think Eammon even went as far as to send me text dump of a whole bunch of threads.

I was starting to come up with a reasonable format and had done about a months work I guess when my PC decided to kill itself and I lost almost everything (yes - silly boy - I know, without any reasonable backups).

However, to try and make ammends - I've recently seen some good Q&A's on Dukes elsewhere so I think I might approach the website owners and ask if we could use it (or link to them maybe / credit them in someway) - so that an FAQ section can start within the DSC.

================================================== ====

DSC Website...

My only complaint is with the search engine. I'd like to be able to search for specific text strings or cominations of words within a thread.

Now that I've upgraded Firefox to the latest Beta version the std search works a treat and Eammons suggestion of keeping the search results open but opening others in a new window a treat (open link in a new window OR a new tab is the lovely firefox equivelents).

Otherwise - great work - long may it continue.

Cheers - Frank

[Edited on 12-12-2005 by Iconic944ss]
Old 12-Dec-2005, 14:08
Big Twin

WRT collating the techie posts, would it be easier if someone were given the permissions to search through the mountains of posts and merely change the post title to include a techie keyword, such as "tech#"
It'd make searches a lot easier.
Old 12-Dec-2005, 14:32
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Erm.....it is a pretty GIGANTIC mountain
Old 18-Dec-2005, 19:01
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Eamonn

BTW, keep the suggestions coming, it's getting to the winter nights so it's the time of year when we plan and implement changes to the system !

Also can we have a bit more than just '... the search engine is pants...' ! It would help us to know in what way it's pants and how it could be improved for you. This comment applies to anything of course not jus the search engine.
You wouldn't go to the service centre and just say - 'It's not right, fix it !' would you ???!!!??

Hi Eamonn,

Just a thought, but can you add a facility in peoples profile?

At present, you can click on 'search all posts by xyz user'
Can you split this into 'search all threads started by xyz user' and then 'all posts by xyz user' too?

Would save time when looking for something specific by someone from maybe 6 months ago, when they use the board a lot in between.

Just a thought............

Hope TP's homework of updating the regions 'meet us' section is underway:P

C

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit