Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 27-Sep-2006, 08:37
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
I have a nice piccy of my Jota that would look nice on the front cover!!!!
Old 27-Sep-2006, 10:23
Ducati Corse

Lightbulb Remember the Webteam moto!

"The impossible we do at once - miracles take a little longer"
Old 27-Sep-2006, 10:42
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgbob44
I have a nice piccy of my Jota that would look nice on the front cover!!!!

Lets keep it clean lads No smut 4D
Old 27-Sep-2006, 10:50
Ducati Corse

Mood: Looking for a one way ticket to the 'Ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chass
But I think a lot of the popular posts relate to DD at the moment,

I am sure that when the racing has finnish for the season the theme of the posts & the people posting will change & it will be the DD peoples turn to be bored, when the winter blues sets in.

It's not like I wish too be dis-respectful too DD , but the most popular and best post are not DD related, unless it's open warfare, then it's amusing to see adults loose it over an expensive hobby.
Most of the fights and arguements seem to be DD related or start there.
See prime example it's a DD related issue that's causing trouble.

Domski can post what he wants as I find his stuff funny.
Old 27-Sep-2006, 11:27
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by chass
Just read & post in a different section.

The thread started as Home page, this seems fairly plain and simple.......open to all? So where am I allowed to read and post then if not here?
I never read DD as I'm not interested in it, you will never see me posting there, but the rest of the board seems ok to me.

I just take umbridge to being told the DSC site seems to effectively revolve around DD and without it there would be nothing of interest for the rest of the DSC members, as that is where all the "popular" posts are.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you lot have your own website?
So I think you should just put up links to your posts for the DSC to view, if they are interested then they can choose to see them and you can leave all the arguments and fighting to your own site.

Last edited by jeff st4s : 27-Sep-2006 at 11:34.
Old 27-Sep-2006, 11:36
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 748ish . .

Mood: Sampai jumpa lagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz 748
As much as I like the Lancaster and the lovely KB ( Lisa )

Is`nt it time for a change

Hello

nope . . still got to agree with the orignal post

maybe a change of picture that's all . . .

not sure about all that other stuff

TopiToo
Old 27-Sep-2006, 11:50
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff st4s
The thread started as Home page, this seems fairly plain and simple.......open to all? So where am I allowed to read and post then if not here?
I never read DD as I'm not interested in it, you will never see me posting there, but the rest of the board seems ok to me.

I just take umbridge to being told the DSC site seems to effectively revolve around DD and without it there would be nothing of interest for the rest of the DSC members, as that is where all the "popular" posts are.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you lot have your own website?
So I think you should just put up links to your posts for the DSC to view, if they are interested then they can choose to see them and you can leave all the arguments and fighting to your own site.

Easy tiger, no-one has said the website revolves around DD. The fact will always remain that the active board users will post about subjects that interest them and respond to ones that interest them.

There's lot of interesting non-DD stuff, and lots of interesting DD stuff. And long may it continue.

There's been a lot of arguing about DD because we have (had!) a lot of money invested and there's been a few issues - that's all.

Peace pipe anyone?!
Old 27-Sep-2006, 12:25
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
Easy tiger.

There's lot of interesting non-DD stuff, and lots of interesting DD stuff. And long may it continue.

Peace pipe anyone?!

I am easy, so they say.

Buy what is it with you lot, power crazed or what?
There is a lot of interesting stuff for you little people, but there is "LOTS" (YOUR WORDS, indicating more) of DD stuff, but there is NOT!

As of today only 10 of nearly 60 threads are DD related.
How many thousand members are there? (3423 as of today) How many go and turn up an DD races?
Lets be realistic here with what the DD adds to the whole of the DSC site for non DD members.

I am ok about a lot of things on this site, but maybe those who are caught up in a passionate hobby (and good luck to you all . I don't have the desire and realistically the ba**s to do it) must be aware that it's appeal is limited to only a small number of DSC members (unless MT are going to correct me here)

Last edited by jeff st4s : 27-Sep-2006 at 12:28.
Old 27-Sep-2006, 12:39
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
I am easy, so they say.

Buy what is it with you lot, power crazed or what?

You think I'm power crazy? Ok, whatever

Quote:
There is a lot of interesting stuff for you little people, but there is "LOTS" (YOUR WORDS, indicating more) of DD stuff, but there is NOT!

So I left an s off the first 'lots' in my sentence. Calm down, all I was trying to say is that there's lots of both stuff - plenty to keep everyone happy and no need to bloody whinge about anything.

Quote:
As of today only 10 of nearly 60 threads are DD related.
How many thousand members are there? (3423 as of today) How many go and turn up an DD races?
Lets be realistic here with what the DD adds to the whole of the DSC site for non DD members.

I don't even know or care what point you're trying to make here but it certainly seems you've got a problem with DD. I don't care really, go for it.

Quote:
I am ok about a lot of things on this site, but maybe those who are caught up in a passionate hobby (and good luck to you all . I don't have the desire and realistically the ba**s to do it) must be aware that it's appeal is limited to only a small number of DSC members (unless MT are going to correct me here)

Probably half of the active core of the club are involved in some way or another I'd imagine. But why am I bothering to argue with you about this?

I'd rather not get caught up in whatever issue you've got about this.
Old 27-Sep-2006, 12:44
500SD

Mood: Corners like a Lego man
The home page is changed as and when we get submissions of pictures. Preference is given to pictures with club members doing club related things (i.e. we're not too interested in your 'holiday on the beach' snaps!), but occaisionally we do use pics of bikes.

However, I can't remember seeing anyone sending us a picture for a few months - so if you have any suitable (digital) photos you can email through, please do so.

Eamonn.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit