Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 12-Oct-2006, 11:46
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly
Missus clears off ...................... i cook for myself .................... i lost 2 stone

Oi don't give our lass idea's
Old 12-Oct-2006, 12:20
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
alcohol !!

when i had my accident a few years back i couldn't drink and cut it out for a few months. I don't drink that much anyway but it had a big result.

I am trying to do it now, but it doesn't always work.

I tend to find little and often works for me as then i don't end up binging and pigging on **** just becasue i am hungry.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 13:09
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Dickie has it spot on.

Iwent on a Literlife diet and lost 5 1/2 stone in 3 months but put it all back on.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 13:34
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Get a proper job, where you have to work for a living instead of swanning about all day in fast cars. That should get the weight off
Old 12-Oct-2006, 13:45
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Talking fatty

get out of the panda car and run after the criminals ! (fatty)

PMSL !!!
Old 12-Oct-2006, 13:50
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Ahh, but it all comes to plan when you sit on them and they cant breath,...........i mean move!
Old 12-Oct-2006, 14:39
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
I lost 3 1/2 stone in 3 months by doing 3 to 4 spin classes a week at the gym, each 45 minutes, made sure I worked very hard. Got very fit too.

also stayed off the booze, chocolate, cakes, crisps, coke etc

Have kept may weight down by occassional gym visit and being careful what I eat
Old 12-Oct-2006, 14:53
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Glad to be here
The only way to lose weight, apart from chopping off body parts, is to consume less calories than your body needs. Think of your fat reserves as the bank. Too many calories and your body stores them in the bank. Too few calories and your body starts to make withdrawals to keep up with current expenditure rates. It doesn't matter which diet you choose. They all work on calorie control, even the ones that don't realise they are doing it such as Atkins.
Everyones calorie requirement is different. Your age, size, metabolic rate and lifestyle all determine how many calories you need. Try cutting down your calories by a couple of hundred for a few days, if that doesn't work try reducing it again. Eventually you will find a point at which you start to lose weight. Stay below that point and weight will continue to come off. Go above and you will gain weight, and hit that point repeatedly and you will maintain constant weight. The key is to closely monitor your calories. Weigh everything and evenutally you will get to a point where you can look at something and know roughly whether you should eat it or not.
Think how long it took to get the weight on in the first place. Don't try to lose it too fast or it will not become your new lifestyle, which is what it needs to be.
It's all about what you are happy with. I'm about 1 stone overweight but I can live with that because I get to eat the things I want, but if my weight starts to creep up I know what I need to do to bring it back down.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 15:20
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Ian Harris has a degree in nutrition or something doesn't he?

And a competitive cyclist, he looks pretty lean to me - send him a PM

The thing it has been for me, is running really ... just lots of exercise. Running, swimming, cycling. ... since having my second knee op, it's less running unfortunately
Old 12-Oct-2006, 15:26
GTL

For health reasons I took yeast and dairy out of my diet for three months. That's no bread, no wine (can still drink Champagne!), no gravy or sauces. you'd be surprised what they put yeast in! Just good proper food without the fuss. I'm a stick insect anyway, but within the first two days I lost 1/4 stone and had to find non dairy/yeast weight producing foods to put it back on again. It works a treat. A bit like a detox. And makes you feel great. The lb's just fall off and you eat as much as you like. Btw - it did the job. Scabby face healed and my hair grew back. If you're a baldy Andy, I doubt it'll have the same effect .....

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit