Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 12-Oct-2006, 15:28
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
Ian Harris has a degree in nutrition or something doesn't he?

And a competitive cyclist, he looks pretty lean to me - send him a PM

The thing it has been for me, is running really ... just lots of exercise. Running, swimming, cycling. ... since having my second knee op, it's less running unfortunately

Ian is your man.

TP's regime? I don't think it worked .....
Old 12-Oct-2006, 15:34
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Sex is sposed to be a good way of loosing weight!!!!!!!

Ho hum!
Old 12-Oct-2006, 15:55
GTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
Ian Harris has a degree in nutrition or something doesn't he?
Sports Physiology (+ Geography!) actually...but near enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
The thing it has been for me, is running really ... just lots of exercise. Running, swimming, cycling. ... since having my second knee op, it's less running unfortunately

Exercise is undoubtably the key. MUCH more important than cutting down what you eat. Calorific Intake against Expenditure is certainly what makes you gain/lose weight, but if you cut calories without doing sufficient exercise, your body will go into starvation mode and fight you every step of the way.

Exercise benefits your body composition in several ways beyond just the calories you expend while you're actually exercising.

Out of all the "fad" diets, the GI one is probably the most sound, but it only addresses part of the story....Atkins is just self-abuse.

I could get SOOOOOO boring on this subject...there are a few key steps you can take that are pretty well foolproof if you have the commitment to see them through.

Most important thing is that everyone is different...the same principles will work for everyone, but have to be applied in ways that fit in with your individual lifestyle.

Andy, pm me your email address if you want some more info.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 16:05
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
What was/is the best method youve found for losing weight?

Moving to England
Old 12-Oct-2006, 16:15
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
I've been between 10st8 and 11st6 since 1974, so I'm not offering any advice on how to lose large amounts of weight

However, the one thing that the diet-fanatics dont like to advertise is that if you semi-starve for over 48hrs your body goes into a sort of famine mode and starts breaking down unused muscle to use as food, and lays fat down so you can survive the famine/winter that it has evolved to cope with.

The answer is to moderate your food intake while you increase your regular activity level enough to increase your average metabolic rate.
Then keep up the activity level and be patient.
The weight usually took a long time to put on, so you shouldnt expect it to take 10 minutes to lose

[/end advice from another stick insect]

ps
oh ! and what activities do i recommend ? well I like to run on the south downs for a couple of hours at a time, or mountain bike on them for 3-4 hours, and I used to windsurf in up to force 8 gusting 10 in 6m waves, and boogie boarding, and motorcycle trials, and mogul skiing.
in other words just go out and do stuff !
it really doesnt matter so long as you get carried away cos you're enjoying it.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 18:29
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
i lost three stone in 30 days - i survived on 3 pints guinness and 20 marlboro lights every day(for sustenance and mental composure)and a madras and rice once a week- for exercise i just went to work every day- went from 17 stone to 14 stone!!!!!! am now a touch over 13 stone, not the best of diets but i did raise over a thousand pounds for a cancer charity!!!!!!
Old 12-Oct-2006, 18:31
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgbob44
Sex is sposed to be a good way of loosing weight!!!!!!!

Ho hum!

yes i know.......and my wrist is as strong as its ever been!
Old 12-Oct-2006, 19:31
Mille

Mood: 1st,start to finish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Harris
Sports Physiology (+ Geography!) actually...but near enough!

Exercise is undoubtably the key. MUCH more important than cutting down what you eat. Calorific Intake against Expenditure is certainly what makes you gain/lose weight, but if you cut calories without doing sufficient exercise, your body will go into starvation mode and fight you every step of the way.

Exercise benefits your body composition in several ways beyond just the calories you expend while you're actually exercising.

Out of all the "fad" diets, the GI one is probably the most sound, but it only addresses part of the story....Atkins is just self-abuse.

I could get SOOOOOO boring on this subject...there are a few key steps you can take that are pretty well foolproof if you have the commitment to see them through.

Most important thing is that everyone is different...the same principles will work for everyone, but have to be applied in ways that fit in with your individual lifestyle.

Andy, pm me your email address if you want some more info.

Ian i for one would like you to be SOOOO boring for a bit longer please.Sounds very intresting to me.Tried getting in abit better shape/loose a few pounds last winter before DD season.Cut out eating crisps biscuits etc smaller portions.Exercise 3 tiomes a week for a hour for 5 weeks lost not 1 pound.
Rode around Cadwell on Friday trackday raced Sunday lost 4 pounds.Celebrated win with 2 bacon butties and a KFC and a packet of biscuits.Fat ****er again know

Please tell more
Old 12-Oct-2006, 19:46
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Talking

The Dr Ruth Diet Plan

Get yourself a BP that's consistenty 160/130, get onto the medication - you'll find you can't drink and the pounds will fall off.

OR

Healthy diet and exercise, minimal alcohol and deny yourself everything that looks and tastes delicious (which was my previous, less successful method of losing weight)

Just identify the things you like the most and cut them out. You'll be miserable but you'll be thinner.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 19:46
500SD

Swimming

Moto X

Fags

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit