Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 07-Mar-2004, 10:36
Webteam

Henners just to add in fairness to DJ and Jewell their postings were not meant to cause harm or offence, more a youthful spirit and perhaps a younger outlook on life that a few of us old ???? did not understand.
Ian
Old 07-Mar-2004, 13:42
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Webteam,
could I beg to suggest that you delete the main thread concerned, and also judiciously prune this one, to restore the forum to its 'usual equilibrium'.

Many thanks,

CK
Old 07-Mar-2004, 16:43
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
just to Respond Nige c

I am not at all miffed about the ring Trip

more bemused That only two people took the timeout to ring me and explain the timing of the trip made it akward for them /or they were struggling with the cost !

MY offer is open to all at the Dsc and as i am a member , i will still offer discount for DSC members any time they wish to go!! (some have already booked via u2us or email ) so i am NOT MIFFED as you put it!

nigel its easy for people to pick holes in Threads and read what they want into them!

My comments about not giving a toss about what the FACTORY thinks

is mearly a statetment

as i dont think the factory are gonna lend me a spanner if my bike breaks or ring me and tell me A well needed set of directions to a DUCATI meet in manchester !! (for example)

(RIDING THEIR BIKES ) means stop bitching at one another
and get on with it (BIKING)

and also WEBTEAM i posted 3 times to make MY POINT !!!!!

your comment about slowing the board down was below the belt!!

V.mans trash must have made the board stop!!!

OK if anyone doubts my integity to the DSC

Please speak to michael j who lives 100miles away and ask him what i was doing outside his house at 6oclock on a saturday morning !!!!

anyway if you realy think i'm going off the board for the sake of a tossa you are mistaken !!!

for the ones that dont like what i put there are many more THAT DO !!

regards mav
Old 07-Mar-2004, 16:51
Webteam

mav, no don't take my comment about the board speed in any seriousness. I know exactly what is causing that problem and it is not you. We will be paying more money for better service soon. Now sort it out, put ya dummy back in, get the toys back in the pram I am doing the same as we speak now. You are of value to the club don't go, you were as shocked as any of us with the twits comments that started all of this, as you said he aint worth it. Now mines a pint of Flowers.
Old 07-Mar-2004, 16:57
Ducati Corse

ok webteam !

mine's a v large voddy !

subject closed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-Mar-2004, 17:47
Mille

In case anyone is wondering what MadMav was doing outside my house at 6.00am last Saturday, he was not soliciting!
The truth is that, as some people know, I've just bought a 748R and typically, it bears no resemblance to any other bike I've ever owned in terms of rideability...it's just a unique machine with foibles which I'm not yet used to. I voiced a few concerns on the site which I had about downshifting and a low tickover problem. MadMav sent me a u2u and offered to come down (from the Midlands) to Cambs where I live to look at the bike, check the clutch and transmission and generally get a feel for whether I had problem or not. If he found anything wrong, he was going to put it into the back of his van, take it back to JHP and say "Sort It!"
He rode the bike, found nothing wrong but importantly, he re-assured me that there was not a problem...it was just me and my jap bike mentality...he gave me some tips to change my riding style which I will put into practice!

Anyway, thanks again Keith for a very kind gesture.

Now I'm going to put my twopenneth into the melting pot over the "Big Issue". If a member of let's say, a golf club started swearing at and/or abusing other members of the club, he would have it pointed out to him that his behaviour would not be tolerated and if it persisted, he would have his membership withdrawn and be slung out on his ear! One of the things about democracy is that it's easily abused and it's too easy to say that it's just someone expressing a point of view. Actually, it's nothing to do with it. It's just a very ignorant person using the anonymity of the board to incite, shock and offend. In short, it's not acceptable!
Old 07-Mar-2004, 18:39
500SD

Mood: Very happy with the Multi
Quote:
Originally posted by CK and AK
Webteam,
could I beg to suggest that you delete the main thread concerned, and also judiciously prune this one, to restore the forum to its 'usual equilibrium'.

Many thanks,

CK
:

I second that Charlotte, not going to comment on the thread, just want to meet and ride with nice, like minded people, of which there are many in this club. Did it today, and I'm still drying out, not one of my better decisions was it Peteb?
Old 07-Mar-2004, 18:52
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Either my eyesight is dodgy or you will find that the whole thread has been removed.

Thanks ever so much for that Webteam.

Can we now get back to happy banter and biking ( albiet a bit wet today by the sounds of things ! )
Old 07-Mar-2004, 22:42
Ducati Corse

It\'s interesting ..

.. that the activities of one individual can have such an impact, but, then again, that's the 'power'of an open web site.

Madmav - Keith, we met at the AGM and you kindly gave about £100 worth of goods to the Riders for Health charity auction, you also joined the club if my memory serves me right. By any measure you are a member of this club and I would not be alone in being extremely sad if you chose to leave.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Henners]
Old 08-Mar-2004, 22:12
Ducati Corse

Thanks Henners

Thats real nice of you!!

it just ****ed me off that for some reasone the way my posts come across that i'm only here for what i can get out of the club for my own gain.

i suppose as a selfemployed person and the fact that if i dont earn (i starve)

my postings do have a hint of (Buy it NOW) style !!!
its just the way i am, but anyone who knows me personally, knows that i give far more than i expect in return .

so you guys (and you know who you are ) give me a break as one day you might just need what i've got to offer ! FREE mav

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit